Question about Canned Food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Question about Canned Food

Hi.

My cat eats his food normally. He eats dry food but sometimes I like to give him a treat and give him some canned food. After everytime I give him some, he seems to throw it all up. He can't enjoy canned food because after eating, he throws it up. The food isn't expired. I give him small amounts. I gave him a tablespoon the other day and he gobbled it up but after about 30 minutes, he threw it back up. He only does that with the canned food, not his regular stuff. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Cat

Re: Question about Canned Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaftell
Hi.

My cat eats his food normally. He eats dry food but sometimes I like to give him a treat and give him some canned food. After everytime I give him some, he seems to throw it all up. He can't enjoy canned food because after eating, he throws it up. The food isn't expired. I give him small amounts. I gave him a tablespoon the other day and he gobbled it up but after about 30 minutes, he threw it back up. He only does that with the canned food, not his regular stuff. Any ideas?

may be allergic to the type of meat in the food, or some other ingredient. I have heard tale of kitties being alergic to one type of meat or another. or being alergic to corn, rice, other stuff. Actually i think my cat is allregice to one of these ingredients, i have yet to figure out which. Have you tried a different brand, or different meat?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I have. He throws up with every type of canned food I try to give him. I give him small amounts as well, and he still throws it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Cool Cat

Is the food at room temperature when you feed it? Cold food often causes a cat to vomit. What brands and formulas have you tried? (if you can remember them all).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Cat

have you tired mixing a tity bit in with dry food?

ive read that fatty foods can sometimes cause vomitting (and diarrhea) in cats. maybe sensitive to fatty food? to be honest i dont know if theres such a thing as low fat wet food.

what about trying a couple of scraps of raw meat? after all, a lot of people on here are big advocates of going raw. i personally have no experience with it.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

The food is at room temperature. I don't remember the other brands. The one I'm giving him now we got from a petstore in Canada. I don't think they have them in the states but the name is Petcetera. It's their brand, and their canned food. Some Tuna Supreme thing.

We do mix it in with his dry food. He still threw up. So we gave it to him without his dry food, and of course, he still threw it up .
We give him raw meat on rare occasions and he seems to be fine with that. After he throws up his food, he loses his appetite for a few hours.
Then he's back to normal again. A friend suggested he might be throwing up because he eats it too fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page