Goat - Not a Repeat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Goat - Not a Repeat

Tonight the farm cats got goat meat and they didn't really enjoy it. Only about 1/2 of them would eat it, and most of them were not happy with it even though they would eat it. This is the first time they ever got it; it was on sale three weeks ago so I got a days worth. I didn't know what you are supposed to do with freezing goat so I just did three weeks...same as you would do for pork.

Just to say, my cats are not at all picky. They never have refused what I feed them until tonight.

Anyone else's cat NOT like goat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Senior Cat

Re: Goat - Not a Repeat

Ours really disliked it.. I mean REALLY. We only ever tried it the once, though.. so maybe if we tried it more often they would get used to it. Thing is, it's REALLY expensive - so we won't be trying it again.

I guess if you get it cheap enough, I would maybe buy it again and try a few times before you stop offering... sometimes my cats will snub things (chicken backs) but I still offer and they WILL eat it. It's just not a favourite.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Cool Cat

Just curious, but about how much is goat meat per pound?

I will be raising a wether for butchering next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

The stuff I got is typically $4 per pound but was on sale for $2 a pound.

For $2 a pound I could get them some steak which they LOVE...I'd rather just do that vs. keep trying the goat.

Another reason why I don't want to feed goat anymore (though this could happen with any meat) was that Amiga got some somehow stuck on her tooth and could not get it off. She does not like being handled so I got pretty scratched when getting it out of her mouth. Of course as soon as it was out she went and started eating the same piece again . She was one of the very few that actually enjoyed it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Banned

I've never offered it to the cats -- I get bone-in goats (big pieces) for the dogs and have never cut the meat off for the cats. I'll have to try it. They DO like pork, venison, beef, mutton, etc.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Cool Cat

wow that is pricey....lol my friend will be butchering a goat this winter. she said I could have a small amount of meat to make sure macy likes it. I am not going to raise up a wether for her if she doesnt like it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page