Question regarding fleas/earmites (or lack there of) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Question regarding fleas/earmites (or lack there of)

I've noticed since feeding raw my cats don't get fleas or earmites and some of them used to have them quite bad. I looked in some of their ears tonight and there is NO sign of earmites at all just a very clean ear. I haven't seen flea dirt on them for a long time either...has anyone else noticed that? Or its that when all the cats were gone for a week to get fixed all the fleas/earmites living in the barn died off?

Is no earmites/fleas just another of the many benifits of raw feeding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Banned

Re: Question regarding fleas/earmites (or lack there of)

Supposedly yes, it is. I think some rawfeeding folks get a little extreme about this -- i.e., saying that no one ever needs to use ANY flea control product ever again once they are feeding raw. I don't buy that, esp. where I live! But this year I did reduce my use of Frontline Plus (dogs ONLY -- nothing on the indoor cats) to once every 8 weeks instead of every 4, March-Oct, and I still had no fleas.

It makes sense -- feed a species-appropriate diet and the whole animal is more resistant to everything, including fleas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page