Cat Forum banner

Cant find kidneys!

688 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  furryfriends251 
#1 ·
I have a Walmart, two Pulix, two Krogers a Food Depot and a Food Lion and I can NOT find any organs other than liver at any of them! Should I ask a butcher to order some for me at one of these places? I know Walmart won't do that, but maybe one of the others?

I need to get it soon, because I don't want to screw his diet up. I finally got him to eat some bone as it it. And he turned his nose up at shrimp and tilapia, so I guess I need to find fish oil capsules as well.

#2 ·
When you went to those stores did you ask the people who worked in the meat section if they had kidney? I know when I got my kidneys at market basket they didn't have it on display but we called ahead before we went to see if they had any, and they did, they were just kept in back.

Otherwise look for butchers or ethnic markets like Asian markets which may have kidneys or even different secreting organs.

#3 ·
CharlieDog said:
I have a Walmart, two Pulix, two Krogers a Food Depot and a Food Lion and I can NOT find any organs other than liver at any of them! Should I ask a butcher to order some for me at one of these places? I know Walmart won't do that, but maybe one of the others?

I need to get it soon, because I don't want to screw his diet up. I finally got him to eat some bone as it it. And he turned his nose up at shrimp and tilapia, so I guess I need to find fish oil capsules as well.
I don't use salmon oil. I think its easiest to feed each cat roughly an ounce of sardines each week (which is about one sardine).

For kidney - neither of the places I get them keep them in the main meat department. They have in a small case and everything in it is labeled in spanish...makes me glad I know a little bit of spanish anyway! Enough to figure out what the meat is :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.