Treats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Treats?

I was just wondering what raw feeders gave to their cats for treats? Every once in awhile if I have to do something to Mak that he doesn't like (combing or something) I want to give him a treat after, but he loves raw food more than anything else I've ever given him!

I have a bag or so of Whiskas dry food left over from his fosters', can I give him a few of those as a treat once in awhile? Will he even recognise them as treats when he preferred raw/wet to dry food in the first place?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If anyone asks, I'm studying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Jr. Cat

Re: Treats?

I've got these freeze dried treats called Thrive, it says they are 100% real chicken and the other flavour is 100% real fish. My cat LOVES these! I get them from Pets at Home: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/chicken- ... rive-14991

Hope that helps!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Cat Addict

There is also freeze dried "Wildside" salmon. I know people say the fish generally isn't good for cats, but my Teddy goes CRAZY for these treats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Senior Cat

Any freeze dried 100% meat is great.

Or if your cat has a favorite raw food that can also be used. For example mine love heart and chicken hearts are the perfect size for a treat.

Another good treat is sardines which are used to replace salmon oil. Mine love sardines but only them once a week. Chester is the only one who gets them twice a week - he has a ton of fur. It takes a bit more to keep it all soft and shiny. I think most everyone has seen some pictures of him and he really is just a giant ball of fur
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryfriends251
Another good treat is sardines which are used to replace salmon oil. Mine love sardines but only them once a week.
I just (literally before coming on this forum) fed ET his first sardine and WOW did he love it. I guess it isn't technically raw, but I made sure to get the ones in just water (no salt) and he is a pretty happy camper at the moment.

For Christmas ET also got two bags of Wellness dried treats. I'm not sure of the exact composition, but he likes them. They are just very small so not quite as exciting as I think the sardines are.

-BP
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Cat Addict

I have some freeze fried 100% chicken breast that Miu Miu simply loves.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned

One thing that works well is cutting heart into small pieces (heart is easy to cut up into tiny pieces, which isn't true of the stringier meats). Put a small number in a bunch of those tiny baggies meant for snacks, and freeze all but one baggie. Dole the heart treats out over a few days, then thaw another baggie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page