Anyone else get "the look" when they find out you feed raw? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Anyone else get "the look" when they find out you feed raw?

I'm so sick of it. People look at me like I'm weird even though to me, raw seems like the more natural thing for a cat to do.

People give me the look, they say "is it really necessary" etc etc. Everyone, from my mother to my friends, even my VET.
Oh how I wish I could find a support vet in the GTA area. I've been made to feel like a terrible cat mother. =/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Re: Anyone else get "the look" when they find out you feed raw?

You just have to develop brass balls. My vet knows I feed raw, but I don't ask him about it -- I just TELL him. Lincoln was in this a.m. for annual bloodwork and the vet looked at his teeth. "WOW," he said. "He's TWELVE?!?!? He has practically no tartar!" "Yup," I responded. "Remember he's the one who was supposed to have a dental done by my previous vet 18 mos ago - -his teeth were NASTY. Then we switched a prey-model raw diet and now they look like this! Never got the dental done!"

"Oh," he said, and shut up. I am hoping that over time, he'll eventually start asking me for more info on it. Until then, I don't pressure him and he doesn't pressure me. And I keep bringing him critters w/ awesome teeth who are in awesome condition. Time will tell!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Jr. Cat

Re: Anyone else get "the look" when they find out you feed raw?

When I got my first cat my boyfriend tried to convince me to feed him dry, and I said "No way!!!!". He tried to tell me all this crap about "nutritionally balanced food" etc. but I was totally firm and tried to explain him this and that but I'm not sure he listened to me. He had cats in the past and he thought he was an expert in feeding.

Now he is totally convinced that raw is the best food for cats. Simply because according to him he has never, never ever in his life saw as healthy cats as mine.

I really don't care what other people including vets think as long as my cats are happy and healthy. None of their business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page