Here's what happens when ET and Lacey get into the dry food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Here's what happens when ET and Lacey get into the dry food

I had 3 exams this morning, so I was gone all day yesterday. I fed the kitties at about 730 am. I had planned on coming back in the early evening to feed them dinner, but I wasn't able to.

I finally made it home around 1:15 am. I expected that ET and Lacey would be screaming (so neglected) and I knew there was a good chance that ET had knocked over some pictures, which is something that he does when he gets mad.

Well I opened the door, and was greeted by two sleepy kitties. I thought something was strange, but I didn't complain. It took about 5 minutes before I saw it: a near-empty bag of Wellness Indoor Formula dry food sitting on the floor. There were crunchies scattered all over the floor, which means that they definitely had their fill (probably about 3 cups between them) and even were willing to leave some on the floor because they were so full.

The bag of food was in the closet... and they managed to get the closet open, get the food off the shelf, and then eat it!! I mean, I'm glad it was high-quality food, but still.

It's amazing, though, to see how much their bodies aren't used to eating dry food. After I figured out what happened, I realized that their water bowl was completely empty (they never drink water). ET and Lacey have been having stinky, runny, and frequent poops too.

Arg... I wanted to be mad at them, but it really wasn't their fault. Guess that's what I get for keeping any stash of dry food around

A recent photo of the culprits, helping with renal physiology studying:

-BP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

Re: Here's what happens when ET and Lacey get into the dry food

Well, it's gone now, I hope?

Cats will gorge on that stuff b/c of the smelly digest that's used to coat it -- like kitty crack, as we say here sometimes!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Jr. Cat

Re: Here's what happens when ET and Lacey get into the dry food

The picture is hillarious, loved those smart-looking kitties!

I don't know about smell and coating of dry food but mine wouldn't touch any - not dry and not wet, tried many brands and gave up.

A while back Julian got into the pantry, jumped on the shelf, got a pack of treats, went to his dish, put the treats into the dish , then opened them and started to eat... none was on the floor, he only eats from dishes, very aristocratic cat

Well... lesson for me, and now I store treats in the place where they can't reach it.

BTW, I don't think that eating dry food eventually (not as a main diet) can hurt them (like a burger will not kill us if we have it once in a while), and I'd prefer mine to eat it because then I could leave them for a day if I have to travel outside the town. It's a matter of convenience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page