Raw and dingleberries - ew! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Raw and dingleberries - ew!

Hi guys,

I've noticed this happen to my guys a few times, but lately it seems to happen several times a week (not that they poop that much anyway, haha).

This might me TMI, but oh well.. stop reading!

Lately I have been finding poops a few feet away from the LB, and once i had the great fortune to observe why they are there. I watched ET go into the LB, use it, and then come out with the poop still attached to his butt. He started doing the "butt drag" like dogs do, rubbing it all into the floor, in attempt to get it off. It wasn't like it was any unusual poop, he just couldn't get it off.

When I first integrated Lacey, I saw her do a similar thing, however I attributed it to the fact that ET was doing a bit of LB stalking and not giving her quite enough time to finish her business.

Well, I've been finding these poops lately and almost always with a nice skidmark letting me know that it took some effort to remove it. It's pretty gross.

I'm not feeding excessive amounts of bone by any means (maybe a chicken neck every 6 meals) but I'm worried that something is off. It doesn't seem to be constipation as they are going about every 2 days, but just that the consistency is making it a bit difficult for them.

I'm pretty sure both cats are at fault.

They are worm free, short haired, and otherwise doing just great! Anyone have any experience with this? Could this be a sign that something is lacking in their diet?

Thanks, fellow raw feeders

-BP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Tom Cat

Re: Raw and dingleberries - ew!

OMG LOL I have noticed that too and I also feed raw. This happened like two or three times since I started feeding raw.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Banned

Have never had this happen -- more than a year and 3 cats rawfed. I would say too much bone but it doesn't sound as if you're giving too much. Are you adding salmon oil? If not, maybe add that.

Very odd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Cat

Ah - now it makes sense. Apparently I'm getting this too. Haven't known why there are "smears" of the stuff on the floor. Now I do.
Hoofmaiden - does salmon oil lubricate then?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie
Hoofmaiden - does salmon oil lubricate then?
Should do so just a little bit.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

Hmmm, in my experience (I have both long- and short-haired raw-fed kitties), poo only sticks if it's too soft, which would mean not enough bone.

If you've tried decreasing the bone content and it's worked, great, but if the problem still persists, maybe increasing it a bit will do the trick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page