Taking a break from raw - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Taking a break from raw

I have internship coming up soon and I will leave for 30 days to Florida. My parents don't want to feed raw (they don't eat meat and they don't like handling raw meat). There is no way I can get them to agree, they're my parents, when they say no, it means no. But anyway, they agreed to feed the cats wet food. I am trying to decide between Wellness or EVO. I guess I'll let my cats decide! Do you think it will cause an upset stomach from the diet change? I mean my cats HAVE gotten a hold of commercial cat food several times before (the food I feed ferals). They somehow always get into the food pantry and tear up the bags. And the only thing that happens is their poop smells like DEATH. I feel like they like commercial food way better because whenever they have access to it, they eat like they haven't eaten in a million years. But with raw, they still enjoy, just not as much. But yeah, anyway, it's OK to go back to commercial food during special cases right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Cool Cat

Re: Taking a break from raw

I don't think there is anything wrong with switching back to canned food. When I go to college my parents will be feeding Willie wet food, my father is afraid he will not be able to get Willie to eat organs considering I am barely able to. In fact I'm incredibly nervous I'm hurting him because I cannot for the life of me get an adequate amount of liver and kidney into him. So it's for the best for Willie. Though I'm glad I won't be here to smell his poop. My only request for my parents was that they have to feed him a chicken wing once a week to clean his teeth, he doesn't like brushing and bones clean his teeth better anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page