Grateful but guilty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief
Grateful but guilty

Today I picked up 38 lbs of frozen meat from a gal who didn't have room for it in her freezer (she'd been storing it in a neighbor's freezer who was tired of having it take up space there, too). When I entered her house, I was greeted by three dogs who stood eagerly around the table as I went through the meat. As the table filled with steaks and game hens, the dogs looked oh-so-hopeful. Their owner explained to me that she feeds them kibble, and my heart sank. Here was all this wonderful meat that should, by all rights, be theirs, and I'm taking it away for my own 4-legged family, leaving those dogs with nothing to look forward to but kibble. As grateful as I am for the windfall, I can't help but feel guilty, too. I'm finding those pleading doggie eyes harder to reconcile than the fact that I'm primarily vegetarian, yet have three freezers full of meat.

I hope those dogs forgive me.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Grateful but guilty

How heartbreaking!

Maybe you could return some of it, nicely done up in dog-sized portions...? At least you would feel a little better...

Fran
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief

I'd only feel better if I thought the owner would actually give the meat to her dogs, but I'm certain she would not. She knew I intended to feed it to my dogs and cats. She had no interest in feeding it to her own, even though her neighbors had been after her to remove it from their freezer. If I hadn't taken the meat, she was sending it to the dump.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Tom Cat

I once told this lady who fed kibble, I feed my animals raw food and she said "I feel sorry for them." lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page