Found high quality non ground commercial raw. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Found high quality non ground commercial raw.

Hey guys!! I found non ground commercial raw!!! It was at this little store called "the pampered pet".

They had great food for dogs(beef,RMB's, liver, heart,kidney) & cats( quail, CGH, offal) It was so cool, they sold it for pretty cheap too, $13 for about 16-17 lbs. Good deal compaired to where I buy my 'cat meat' .

So If you google 'the pampered pet' it will show you the website with the locations(it doesn't list all the types of food though).

I was actually there buying my guinea pig food(oxbow), and some dog food(TOTW). I didn't get any because I still have TONS of the stuff I already made(made, as in. Chopped the liver, and ziplocked everything).

Nibbler - 5 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rilence
Re: Found high quality non ground commercial raw.

Hmm... actually I switched to raw only because I can no longer trust any kibbles companies (I think too much about "what ifs"?), so premade BARF doesn't sound ideal imo, you never know what they put in, I don't even trust Primal nor Dr. B.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Re: Found high quality non ground commercial raw.

Yeah, I'm pretty wary of [premade raw too. Because when I make my cats raw. It is with meat that is for people. Not the leftovers they put in pet foods.

Nibbler - 5 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Kitten

Quote:
So If you google 'the pampered pet' it will show you the website with the locations
Wow, just my luck that they have a location in Ottawa! It's a bit far and I don't have a car, but if they're cheaper than this place, I might make the trip. Thanks for the info.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Kitten

theres one about 30 minutes away from me. i'm definitely going to check it out.

My husband is a microbiologist at a food quality testing lab. He's never allowed to tell me if anything tests positive for e-coli or something.. But he came home the other day and told me the cats need a new/different bag of kibble.

You really can't trust anyone these days.

p.s. I'm not allowed to buy SmartOnes frozen pizzas or milkshakes from BurgerKing. (just a heads up lol)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
If you're (any of you) concerned about cost, consider finding a young chicken farm, i.e., a chicken breeder. We get a giant bag of 200, 1-day old chicks (roosters that will be incinerated anyway) for 4 euros (about 6 bucks) so that's 2 cents per chick. The chicken farmer doesn't use the rooster chicks so they practically give them away if you ask.

We have three cats and take six chicks out of the freezer per day. It's a perfectly balanced meal for three cats for six cents!

(We feed each of our cats three times per day: one chick, some other meal which we try to vary, and another chick before bed.)

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Like so many others, I don't buy commercial because of quality control issues.

But I'm always interested in what's going on in the raw world, so I googled Pampered Pet and I can't seem to find the merchant you're talking about, as there are several "Pampered Pets" out there. Do you have a link?

Last edited by Auntie Crazy; 01-16-2011 at 02:28 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Premier Cat

Same as AC here. I found lots of different Pampered Pet grooming places and pet clothing lines but didn't find a chain type store that sells raw.

If you have the link I'd appreciate it as well.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Premier Cat

Yet a third request for a link if you have it. I found the link that shows two Pampered Pet store locations in Ottawa, but no other locations. There's also a place called "Pampered Pets" in Toronto, which is close to where I am, but it's solely a pet grooming establishment.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Banned

Upon re-reading the OP a few times, I'm also curious about your reference to a "non ground commercial raw" diet, followed by "(quail, CGH, offal)". Fresh quail, Cornish hens, and organ parts are not a diet, they're ingredients to a diet...

I'd give a lot to find everything I need to feed my cats a frankenprey diet all in one place, but I'm afraid this isn't it.

Can we have more info, Nibbler?

Thanks!

AC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page