Guess what?! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Guess what?!

I found a vet, no, two vets that are nearby my house and approve a raw food diet! I am so excited. He was saying such positive things about a raw diet, I never expected that from a vet. He said my cat had pretty teeth

Do you guys know pro-raw vets too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Cool Cat

That is so lucky! NO vets in my town support raw diets, there is a more holistic vet the next town over who might but my parents have no desire to change vets.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to KittieLover Send a message via Skype™ to KittieLover
You are very lucky indeed! I'm not really sure if my vet supports a raw food diet.
I will ask when the furkids go for their yearly check-up in August
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

My vets know about raw feeding, holistic, acupunture and traditional Chinese medicine.....

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Senior Cat

My vet knows we feed raw, and sees the awesome cats I have... they don't "support" it per say, but they know I get good results so they don't bother me about it.

Kelly

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Cat Addict

Isn't it great when yer vet doesn't berate you for feeding your cat a species appropriate diet? I recently discovered our new vet (although I'm still working on getting everyone transferred over)...Cat-only...pro-raw. It doesn't get any better than that in my opinion.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Cat Addict

My Vet told me she has never had a raw fed cat as a patient. But she asked me a ton of questions and listened to what i had to say, now she is actually recommending it as an alternative to others for cats with food allergies (with research). And yes i was told my cats have beautiful teeth also she even added "especially for their age" lol
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Cat Addict

My vet practice does not recommend a raw diet, but supports it if you state you feed this way. They do advocate if you choose to feed raw to feed a variety of proteins, cuts, and parts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Jr. Cat

I told my new vet a couple months ago that I was considering a raw diet for Krystal, and she said, "That's a good idea!"

The vet felt more strongly about Krystal not eating any chicken, beef, or fish, though. She said cats have been fed these proteins for so many generations that they can easily develop sensitivities/allergies to them (?? I'm not sure about this).

Buuut then she pushed me to buy 3 cans of Hill's Prescription d/d Venison, lol.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Cat

I am happy you found a raw friendly vet. I went into Tail Blazers to get some raw samples and they gave me a list of "Raw friendly" and holistic vets in the city. I found a clinic very close to me with two holistic vets and although the others are traditional, they support raw diets. Mr Man is going to see DR. Bruce Rodger. He has been a vet for 30 years. I am mildly surprised to see an old school vet support raw!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page