Switching my cat to raw? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to squeekers
Switching my cat to raw?

I have my one dog on raw and my other one on partial raw (still convincing granny since its half hers lol). I have a cat that I want to switch to raw but I have no idea if its the same for cats as it is dogs? She weighs 6lbs and is over a year old. She never wanted anything to do with raw meat but tonight she wanted the dogs chicken..he just didnt like the idea of sharing.

So how would I go about switching her to raw? right now shes on canned/dry. She gets one can of food per day like the can says and then dry food out all the time. Shes not over weight in fact needs to gain some weight. I have her on cheap canned food right now so its costing me $20 a month to feed her canned.

My questions are:

How do I switch her to raw?

What daily amount of meat does she get and is it the same as dogs at the 80/10/10 ratios?

How do I calculate how much to feed?

How much organs does she need weekly?

I have tried to read up on it but to be honest reading will overwhelm me and I may just keep her on canned.

I can get the chicken free and the rats free as my friend breeds rats for his snakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Cat

Check out this site: Raw Fed Cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Banned

Hi, Squeekers. The calculations you've requested are in this thread: https://www.catforum.com/forum/62-raw...resources.html

Good luck!

AC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Cat

turns his nose up at raw

I am switching my dog over to a raw diet so thought I'd try with my cat. I have offered raw chicken meat, liver, gizzard and raw turkey meat. He sniffs and walks away (one time picked it up then dropped it).
He is a completely inside cat so has never hunted although once or twice he killed a mouse that got in the laundry room but I noticed he never tried to eat it (maybe he just played it to death?)
Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page