I needs me a meat grinder! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I needs me a meat grinder!

Let me preface this by saying that I have no intention of feeding ground forever, as long as my kitties cooperate. However, I will be feeding ground for a loooong transitional period, so I think it may be cost effective to purchase a grinder. I've been buying a ground mix, but it's so expensive to feed four cats that way.

On to my question...

I'm looking for a grinder that can handle small bones (chicken, quail, rabbit, etc) but is also affordable. I'm hoping to only spend around $100 or less. It doesn't matter if it's electric or manual (though I assume electric would be far more easy) so long as it can handle bone well. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Much appreesh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Cat

I went that route for a while but I HATED grinding meats. It took 1 to 1.5 hours to do and made a big mess. I bought a manual grinder and then a new electric grinder from Northern Tool for about $120 with tax. I wish I had never bought it at all. I sold it after using it for about 2 months and lost some money on it.

If you do it right, it seems to me that you ought to be able to get them on raw meat without grinding it. Just get a meat cleaver and a good cutting board. I don't think it's written in stone that cats have to transition to ground meat before meat chunks. I didn't feed Cubby ground meat. He went right from canned & dry to meat chunks, but it took a while to do.

If you really want to grind I'd get a Northern Tool Grinder. They're sold on amazon.com - unless you have a local NT store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page