Oh, oh, throwing up? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Oh, oh, throwing up?

So I was all excited about Oscar eating his first bone-in raw chicken. Well just now he almost threw up. Nothing came up but it looked like it would. Now he's just sitting around in one spot and doesn't want to move. He's definitely not feeling well.

I know throwing up raw, especially bone-in, can happen in dogs when you're first trying it (this is currently happening with our dog whom we are also transitioning). Is this also normal in cats the first few times?

I worry about bones getting stuck. Ahhh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Phew, seems to be feeling better. if walking across the keyboard [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[i99999999999999999999999999999999999============== ==i and headbutting me is any indication.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned

Lol!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_hubert View Post
Phew, seems to be feeling better. if walking across the keyboard [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[i99999999999999999999999999999999999============== ==i and headbutting me is any indication.
When starting out, everything seems to cause anxiety. I had a cat that didn't seem to eat enough and another who seemed to eat too much....and any time they were sleeping and not being active I wondered if they were ok...and just the other day one of the cats barfed up a HUGE amount of food almost right after eating. I fussed over her all night long like a stage mom until I finally fell asleep. When I got home from work the next day, everything was fine.

We'll get used to it...I don't know about you but it can be hard to erase all the, what I call "brainwashing", after all these years. But it's getting erased as each day passes and they do fantastic on the diet.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityFL View Post
....I don't know about you but it can be hard to erase all the, what I call "brainwashing", after all these years.
HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I "discovered" this same thought during my own transition. And brainwashing it truly is. *shakes head sadly*
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy View Post
I "discovered" this same thought during my own transition.
Ugh....that truly sucks about your Ollie. I can't even imagine the guilt you must have felt. I am glad that you found a new way and that your pets are thriving.

By the way, I also looked at your guidelines in the sticky post...it was extremely helpful. I've recently started feeding the pets raw, (mid September). The dogs took to it right away, (puppies, easy), but some of the cats needed some coaxing. I just now have them all eating raw without being ground up or putting sardine/spring water juice over the food. I even got the older cat chomping on a chicken neck the other night...you have no idea the success that is.

After reading your post last night, I got online today and ordered a whole month's supply of 3 oz containers and lids for the 7 cats from a plastics wholesaler. Now I can portion their meals better and be able to grab and go...the longest part of prep being right after I come back from the store. Thanks for that....Ollie's passing, while extremely sad, does help others, so, please know that.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityFL View Post
...After reading your post last night, I got online today and ordered a whole month's supply of 3 oz containers and lids for the 7 cats from a plastics wholesaler. Now I can portion their meals better and be able to grab and go...the longest part of prep being right after I come back from the store. Thanks for that....Ollie's passing, while extremely sad, does help others, so, please know that.
Thanks for telling me, SerenityFL. I'm passionate about helping folks feed their kitties healthy foods, and Ollie is why. It's been nearly four years and I still miss him, but hearing that others have benefited from my experiences and passion on this topic takes the sting out just a little.

Best regards.

AC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page