New Kitten, and I am so blessed! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat

New Kitten, and I am so blessed!

We just got a new kitten from a shelter today. She is about 3 months old.
The shelter said she has been eating Science diet dry food, and I should not switch until I asked the vet.

Well, the first meal I gave her....raw. Rad Cats Chicken. And... she did not even hesitate. She looked and ate right away. I feel so blessed. I have not have a hard switch with any of my cats.

I have times when one of two do not want to eat, probably just because he was picky. But the transitions have been real easy and instantly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Cat

Yay! Congrats.

I've never listened to what shelter staff have to say about what to feed animals. They feed what they feed because it's cheap, not because it "helps keep their teeth clean."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Senior Cat

Kittens tend to know what is best for them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryfriends251 View Post
Kittens tend to know what is best for them
Hmm, Greenies treats must be SUPER good then, heheh!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Cat

^LOL, I think they're more open to trying new things because everything is new!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Cat Addict

OOH! Can't wait to hear the new kitties name and see pics!!!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducman69 View Post
Hmm, Greenies treats must be SUPER good then, heheh!
lol, when I put a dish of wet food and a dish of raw food in front of kittens for their first non-milk meal, they immediatly attack the raw. They could care less about the wet food.

Greenies have horrible ingrediants; I wouldn't even consider giving them one even if they would eat it. Once I got a sample bag of EVO dry food and put it on the kittens plate. They would even look at it. Actually, they decided that the plate the dry was one was then considered a litterbox
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you, all! We have named for Mui Mui, meaning little sister.
We thought about Cotton, Silver, but feel like there was something wrong. We feel like she is this little sister who should be spoiled, so ....MUI MUI!

We just threw her a tiny drumstick, she attacked it right away. She is still working on it.

When Cheetah and Panther came here, I listen to the shelter and gave them dry and wet. Even they take the transition right away, they are still not good at chewing bones. I have to cut them into 1 inch size still.

I hope Mui Mui will do better. I guess I will give her quail wings a few days later. What do you think?

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Mui Mui just ate a whole chicken heart. She chewed on it and ate it in 2 mins. I am happy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page