I worry if I am feeding too much protein and not enough fat... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I worry if I am feeding too much protein and not enough fat...

I just transitioned my cats over to raw entirely. I'd label myself and my cats raw starter. It took while for us to detach ourselves from dry food.
I expect slow progressing on raw food arena as well...

My cats eat Primal Chicken in the morning and Feline Future Premix powder(supplements+dried egg yoke) + Turkey Thigh meat mixture in the evening.

I also give them skinless thigh cube chunks or smashed chicken neck as a snack to clean teeth and practice their jaw.

I know the analysis of the primal chicken so I am not worried about that one. But I worry about the meal with premix+ turkey thigh. Feline future provide analysis of their own mixture but does not provide the anaylsis with the entire recipie when the meat is added. The recipie actually look the exactly same as the raw food recipie (the one with meat, no bones) that I see from the holistic cat care books. (e.g. from Whole Health for happy cats...)
The rough outline of recipie goes like...
1. 1 lb of turkey muscle meat
2. 1 piece of thrkey liver
3. 1 raw heart
4. 3 1/3 oz of turkey gizzard
5. 2 tsb of veggies
6. 1 raw egg yoke
7. 1400 mg of calcium carbonate powder
.... (I am skipping the suppliment part...)

Is this too much protein? My cats love this food. They now turn up their nose to the primal nuggets...

I am a little hesitant but, I am thinking about giving my cats whole chicken/whole cornish hen, ground recipie. Do you give them with skin on or skin removed?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Cat Addict

I feed frankenprey and do not grind their food. The only thing I would advise is to add some bone into the mix. I had a problem with one of my cat's digestion for some time and it was easily remedied with the addition of some additional bone. This way you would not need to use the calcium supplement and they would still get all the benefits from the marrow inside the bone.

I am sure others with more knowledge will chime in soon.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page