Adding More Variety to Our Raw Menu... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Adding More Variety to Our Raw Menu...

I'm hoping to start off a sort of raw food journal for those seeking to try new things in their cat's diet or maybe as a reference resource for those introducing their cats to raw. If anyone has anything to add, please jump right in, would love to hear others' experiences and reviews.

So in the past few weeks, I have added a few items to their usual fare:

1) pig uteri
2) anchovies to replace sardines; and
3) quail eggs

The pig uteri was a big hit, particularly since they get it in conjuction with beef or chicken liver. I just hate cutting it up since it smells like you would expect it would .

Anchovies did not receive so much love. Lacey ate 1.5 out of 3 and ate the heads, but left the lower half of the bodies, Egypt who usually eats everything, ate about the same, but preferred the lower halves instead, and Azalia, who is my finicky one, ate the entire fishies with gusto...go figure! In fact, she prefers the fish much more than the beef liver, but she's just not a fan of liver unless it's stricly chicken.

The quail eggs I cracked for them since I did not want them batting them all over the floor and playing with them instead of actually eating them. They all liked the inside and Lacey ate half a shell as well. They were actually looking longingly in their bowls for more...I defintelly call this a success.

Next item on the menu will be cow stomach, but not for a few weeks until they get used to what I have recently added.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

I'd be careful with the anchovies, Dweamgoil - they are almost invariably cured with salt and packed in oil, two reasons not to buy them. You want to feed only non-processed, non-enhanced, packed-in-water varieties.

Regards.

AC
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

They are actually not canned. They are just frozen from fresh. They come like 50 in a bag and they need to be defrosted before feeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page