Raw meat question - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Raw meat question

Hi I have a question. Last year my older sister served her cats in a raw meat diet. She no longer gives them canned cat food. So I was wondering do you think that it's okay to give cats raw meat? I was thinknig of doing that when I have my cat..

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Cool Cat

Several posters here encouraged me to research raw feeding, and my research convinced me that it is the most natural, healthy thing one can do for their cat's diet (when done properly of course)!

My cats have done fantastically on a raw meat diet. It completely resolved the digestive issues of one of my cats, when everything else failed.

So I absolutely do think it's okay to give your cats raw meat. What you definitely want to do though, before switching your cats over, is do a lot of research! This is essential if you're going to do any kind of homemade raw, to make sure you balance the diet properly. And even if you're going to do premade raw, it's useful to understand why and how a raw diet works to help you feel confident about your feeding choices.

There are a lot of great resources in this forum that you can read through. Be sure to check out AuntieCrazy's sticky here: https://www.catforum.com/forum/62-raw...resources.html

Here are two websites I personally found very useful in researching the topic:
http://feline-nutrition.org/index.php
Raw Fed Cats

And if you're willing to spend a little money, I highly recommend this book. It did a fantastic job of thoroughly explaining in-detail the hows and whys of raw feeding, and helped clarify many things and answer a lot of my questions about it:

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Oh okay. Thanks. I don't have a cat yet, but wen I do, I'll look into these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page