Finiky Piper, Softy Mommy... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Finiky Piper, Softy Mommy...

Well... It can be a question, or just complaint...

It always has been a battle to get Piper to like wet food.
Since I stopped the dry food, Piper eats more of her raw food (well... you know, she should be hungry), but it's still a struggle.

I do not want her losing weight, so this week, I started mixing in very tiny amount of Royal Canine can food that she goes nuts for.
She seemed very hungry this morning, so I skipped it.

Well... she sniffs the food and look back at me and meows. Rather than opening the fridge to get some topping for her, I sat down and told her to eat. She goes round round around me meowing, rubbing my hand for some goodies... After realizing that I wouldn't move she "drinks" the ground food but left the chunks in the food.

As usual, Dalsoo finishes the left-over. He's one happy cat with raw-only diet.

More so nowadays, I think about what is happy life for my Piper. Whether I am pushing her for my own interest...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Jr. Cat

Although I've never had much of an issue with my own cats, I've heard others express similar concerns, and I can certainly sympathize with the way you're feeling. I've always thought of my cats much I do young children, fairly autonomous, but lacking complex reasoning capability.

Ex: You adopt a young child that has been in foster care for some time. This child has been allowed to consume the most unhealthy garbage you can imagine, and is even fairly obese. Although he HATES everything even remotely healthy and would much rather eat McDonald's until he explodes, you insist on improving his diet for his own benefit. You then continue to impose your better judgement on him until he is old enough to make decisions for himself.

I feel like the only real difference between kids and kitties is that our cats never really grow up to be capable of making good decisions for themselves, and that's why we need to do our best for them as long as they stay in our care.

Besides, much like there are many different vegetables that you can try to get kids to eat, there are many different protein sources that you can offer to Piper. I don't know what you feed exactly, but pork and rabbit in particular have proven to be huge hits with MANY cats! Keep at it, and don't feel guilty. Remember the benefits of a healthy diet, and feel good about what you're offering your kitties. She'll probably come around soon.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks for the sympathetic reply.

I feed ground recipe with some chunks in it, turkey, chicken, rabbit, and lamb.
She likes turkey and lamb, doesn't seem to be crazy about rabbit. I am not really sure.
Even the meat she tends to like, she sometimes just decide not to like it any more...

I don't think it's anyone's fault. It's all me. I know I made a finicky cat under the name of love and care.
I cannot resist following her around, trying to get her to eat anything sometimes... When she struggles with chunk meat, I cannot resist getting the scissors and cut it to pieces so she can eat it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page