Bunnies are here! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Bunnies are here!

Three of our bunnies are home, and settling in well. We're picking up our other 6 next weekend. I have to say, Dave is so excited about this venture, and spends a great deal of time researching, and learning what needs to be done. I love that he's so excited! He's built some awesome pens, next it's the breeding boxes, and really, the way he built the pens, they aren't that much work to clean up after. Yay.........that makes me happy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Cool Cat

That's interesting; what are you breeding bunnies for?
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Jr. Cat

Since this was posted in the raw diet forum, I think I may have an idea about what they're for...

Nom nom nom...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhoneybee View Post
since this was posted in the raw diet forum, i think i may have an idea about what they're for...

Nom nom nom...
lol!!
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyHoneyBee View Post
Since this was posted in the raw diet forum, I think I may have an idea about what they're for...

Nom nom nom...

Oops lol! I don't go through each forum individually when I browse, so I don't usually pay attention to the topics. Guess I know to look now
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Premier Cat

That just makes me sad.

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Senior Cat

Raw Diet Forum - What! Not from a rabbit this tough!

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Senior Cat

Sad, not really. Realistic, really.

People eat meat. The chicken/pork/beef in grocery stores come from MUCH worse places than Geri's bunnies will be in. THAT is sad.

Geri, congrats on the bunnies! Did you see the thread with MowMow (chicken allergy) was able to eat raw chicken/bone/skin without a reaction!? YAY! Maybe you could start to do chickens as well. Oh! Oh! Or pigeons? Maybe even QUAIL! Quail is a protein not very common, but heckuva easy bird to raise.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Senior Cat

You have some very lucky cats!

I second that you should look into raising some quail as well...I don't have any myself but from what people say they are very easy to raise. I would assume that your cats wouldn't be allergic to them.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks Kelly and furryfriends! I was kind of shocked to see the way this thread was going when I came back to it today. Whether you raise it yourself, hunt for it, or buy it online, raw food is raw food, and you are doing the same thing yourself in one form or another, irregardless of if your pets food is dry, canned, or raw. It's a fact of life.

I would like to think that those of you who know me, would know that we treat our animals with the utmost of love and respect, and while the bunnies are in our care, they will be well cared for, and treated in an extremely humane manner. If you were to walk in my barn at ANY time during the day, it would be clean, plus all the animals have fresh food and water.

These particular bunnies that are here were purchased from a breeder who had them locked in a barn with a bunch of chickens, ducks, geese, and sick cats running around. We walked into this particular barn without knowing what we would see. There was crap all over, two cows locked in a stanchion with crap all over him, a llama, also covered in crap, and about 30 dogs in the house. They were in pens stacked one on top of the other, with about 3" of hay soaked with urine and feces, with urine that would fall through to the bottom one, and no food in sight. There was about 30 cages, and some had multiple bunnies in one. It stunk so bad in there, they probably didn't know what fresh air was! Here, these bunnies are living in a brand new cage larger than what they had, they have free choice hay, pellets every morning and night, and fresh water all day long! You can tell they are happy!

For everything that we have been through these last months, trying to get quality raw meat for my pets from these suppliers, this is the option we have chosen to do, and I think it's the best option for us.

I did not see MowMow's thread, but I'm anxcious to go read it now. It's funny, because just this morning I bought some chicken thighs from the meat market, and made a test mix with some chunked chicken in it. So knowing it's worked for MowMow, I am stoked!!!!!!! I will let you know the results. If it doesn't work, I'm almost thinking that something with the fat is upsetting their stomachs, and I may need to visit my vet again to see what we can do about that. With everything they've been through, I wouldn't doubt it.

Last edited by marie73; 02-22-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: font size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page