My cats hate liver - help! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My cats hate liver - help!

I happen to have three cats who hate liver. I've tried chicken, cow and calf's liver. They won't touch any of it. What's worse is that if I try to put even a tiny bit with muscle meat they'll go hungry first, completely snubbing their favorite meats.
I know the best way to deliver essential vitamins is through food but they won't do it. Does anyone know a supplement for Vitamin A and D that is safe? Correct dosage?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Senior Cat

Have you tried cooking the liver first? Sprinkling a bit of parm cheese on it? Tuna juice? Freeze dried? There are always options.

I would first just sear/cook the liver on a hothot pan. My cats can't resist COOKED liver at all. Then slowly leave it less and less cooked. If this is not sufficient, sprinkle parm cheese (form a can) on it as well.

Have you ground a tiny tiny amt up in some ground beef/etc? With parm cheese to cover the smell? Or tuna juice?

Hopefully these suggestions help!

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I've tried everything you just said. It's so weird how all three of them dislike it so much. It's even worse when I try to bury it in stuff like tuna or Parmesan. My crew doesn't take kindly to their meat being "tainted"
I've cooked it, it gets sniffs and licks but it's like they know.

By the way your kitties are wonderful Muzby! I'm a huge fan of black cats. My black kitty is by far my most affectionate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Senior Cat

Next suggestion is rabbit organs. Then if that doesnt work - whole prey. Mice, rats, etc.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I cooked it again today and this time they ate it. Phew.

Cats are so weird!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Cat Addict

Sorry to hear your cats hate liver. I have 3 cats also, but only one really dislikes it. At first, she would not eat it at all, but I would mix it with her canned and she eventually got used to it. She still doesn't love it, but she will eat it...just keep at it. They do relent after a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page