Raw food poop? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Raw food poop?

Hey everyone!
So question: the color of one of my cats' poop has changed quite a bit, not sure if it's something to worry about: it's like a light tan color in some spots?

Both cats have way more formed stool now that they're on raw but neither of them are straining to poop. I don't see any blood and they're having lots of big pees. I'm not sure which one is having the color change and the only thing I could think of is that maybe because there's nothing artificial in it, it's just breaking down really quickly? It's that same light color that horse poop gets when it's getting dry and breaking down, just happening almost right away or maybe even coming out that way.

Wicket used to have a problem with really runny-ish stools (even if most of it came out formed, he always had a runny bit "hanging" afterwards and almost always got it on the floor when he jumped out of the box) and he definitely doesn't anymore, and I'm not super worried but just am not familiar with what "normal" raw poop is like.....

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Senior Cat

It entirely depends on what they ate.

If it is grey/white you are feeding to much bone. Dark brown is to much organ.

"Normal" for my cats is a light brown to brown color - and it disintegrates within 3-5 days when in the sun.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Yeah I think I'm in that light-brown to medium brown color. It's definitely not grey or white. Wicket's might be occasionally dark brown but they also get different meals so sometimes it's mostly red meat with no bone and sometimes it's bone-in chicken necks and chicken patty (bone and organ included). Next week we'll be getting some more variety (organ blend, beef heart blend, tripe, lamb and beef and chicken patties all with bone in) and I'll keep an eye on the color. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Senior Cat

My cats stools can sometimes be different colors in one piece. Part can be more grayish, next section dark brown, and the next section normal brown. I think it is from all their different meals - grey=bone-in, dark brown = organ, brown = meat.

Until you start feeding raw, I don't think you even notice their stools, except for that they stink. Then you start feeding raw, and you start watching what their stools are like. Yeah, raw feeders are a bit different, than the "normal" cat owner/servant
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Cat Addict

For the most part, my cats doo is several hues of brown and a lighter beigish color at one the ends. That last part looks very dry. They also usually manage to get hair in their poo also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page