Some help with raw diet for my kitties... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Some help with raw diet for my kitties...

Hi guys! So i'm deciding to give my cats a raw diet. However, i really need to know what to give them exactly...like a meal plan for the week. I thought fish was ok..but from what i've read apparently fish is really not that good for cats. I was wondering if the sardines are still ok though...my cats LOVE those. I got the ones in water. So, what should i do? Go to a game butcher shop and ask for carcasses of birds and mice and just give it to them? Buy some ground turkey, chicken thighs, necks and livers?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Also about the mice....do any of you just get frozen mice (like for snakes) and thaw it out to give to the cat???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Cat Addict

Another poster recently asked the same type of question:

https://www.catforum.com/forum/62-raw...-feed-raw.html

In the thread it's also discussed about the different choices (pre-made raw, whole prey, and frankenprey and places where to source them).

Yes, some members do feed frozen mice from places like www.haretoday.com. Naturally, there are other sources if you look online.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Banned

Hi, Vhrocks323! Welcome to Cat Forum, and doubly welcome to the raw side.

Examples of various meal plans can be found here: https://www.catforum.com/forum/62-raw...look-like.html

As you come across more specific questions, feel free to ask - this is about the friendliest, most helpful forum I know.

AC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page