Has anyone ordered from Feline Instincts? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Has anyone ordered from Feline Instincts?

I was looking online for Taurine supplements today and came across their website and supplements for raw feeders. I wondered if anyone has ordered from them or used their raw supplement powder when making food? I was thinking of using it and making their suggested food recipe and feeding that, then still giving chicken wings or similar a few times a week to help with teeth cleaning etc. It seems fairly cost effective and I wouldn't worry so much about all the vitamins and minerals and such, plus it has added adrenal gland supplement that would set my mind at ease about not being able to find enough different types of organs other than liver.

Just curious to know if any of you have recommendations for Taurine or other supplements, and if so who have you ordered from and what experiences have you had?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Cat Addict

Hi there! We use Feline Instincts powder in Gracie's diet, I like it a lot! I like that makes a balanced meal out of the meat and poultry I buy for her, and that it is simple to work with. She gets raw food for half her diet, the other half is canned food so that she can get a wider variety of meats and such than I can buy from the market.

As far as your other question, early on in the raw food enterprise I bought taurine and calcium (from bone) for putting in raw food - I just bought capsules from the health food store from brands I trusted for my family.

Fran
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks Fran! I've had a hard time getting ahold of it here even in the health food store, so I'm thinking of ordering online and I'm torn between the taurine only and something with a little bit more in terms of supplement. I'd like to go back to raw only but for right now I'm a little worried that my kitten isn't getting enough Taurine, so they're getting half grain free canned and the other half raw and that seems to be working just fine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Cat Addict

Have you tried to scour the Asian markets for your source of organs?

Also, curious to know, if you're feeding a total raw diet, isn't there enough taurine in there if you're feeding muscle meat like thigh or heart?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page