Huh. Atlas likes turkey wings. Who knew? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Huh. Atlas likes turkey wings. Who knew?

We've been trying to continue to incorporate a few meals a week of raw even though we can't keep them 100% raw (move date in 19 days, yikes!) until we get out west. The other day I bought a pack of 4 turkey wings thinking if they didn't want to chew on them I could cut the meat off (they were on sale) and they could at least have some of that.

The first one I tried didn't go over very well, both cats chewed on a corner for a while and then deserted the wing on the ground. We actually tried them on one each because they don't like to share and so had two left in the fridge.

Both cats were running around like morons about a half hour ago, screaming at me, so I figured if they were acting that hungry I'd try them with raw again to see if it'd go down better if they were ravenous (no idea why, they just seemed to be!).

This time I took the turkey wing and cut it in half lengthwise (so that the two bones were separated, with meat on each of them) and offered one to each cat.

The kitten ate all of his except a tiny piece of bone! He crunched through the whole thing like nobody's business and then gnawed most of the meat off the rest.

Wicket, of course, just looked at me like I was a moron and stalked off. I guess he really wasn't that hungry

Both of them have been so picky lately I was just glad to see the kitten still has some enthusiasm for raw (and his breath has been so darned stinky since we stopped feeding all-raw, so I hope this cleaned his teeth a little!). Where we're going out west there will be WAY more variety in terms of ethnic food stores, raw commercial and farm/butchers/markets to choose from so I'm hoping we can get them some really good menus going--and the condo we're renting has a big deep freeze in the basement so I can go nuts and make real meals!

Edit: as I typed the last of this Wicket walked into the kitchen and grabbed the kitten's leavings off the floor and is chewing on them ever so nonchalantly. Little bugger. Haha and the turkey is sticking to his tongue barbs, I wonder if that's why he hasn't been liking it? It's ever so funny to watch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Cat

That is so cool. I'm majorly impressed by your two right now. My cats have just recently decided that chicken wings are too big and scary - I can't even imagine them trying to eat a turkey wing! If you ever have the opportunity get a video of Atlas in action with a turkey wing. Maybe it'll show my cats they shouldn't be scared of their itty bitty chicken wings
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

hah I totally should, and of Wicket trying to get the skin off his tongue!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Cat

Absolutely! I've never seen a cat get something stuck on their tongue barbs, but I could see how something like turkey skin could get caught there. Poor Wicket I hope he eventually got that skin off his tongue and in his belly where it belongs!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

He was disgusted with how much we laughed at him, but he did eventually eat it I cried!

The little buggers, though, today they won't even so much as lick a chicken wing. No idea what makes them "want" raw food but today it's not "in"!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page