Bison, Venison, Emu? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Bison, Venison, Emu?

So I MAY be moving to an area where a lot more people support raw feeding. I have joined a raw feeding group in the area and has been monitoring. I found that they saw emu neck, bison, venison, goose, duck and other normal meat like rabbit, quail, lamb, beef etc.

My cats have had Ziwipeak Venison & Fish Cuisine, which is a dehyrated raw, before and had no problem. So I would think fresh vension will have no problem.

Panther is allergic to lamb and beef, so do you think he will have a problem eating bison and emu? He has a weird problem with rabbit. I usually made a batch and freeze. He was doing fine with the first meal from the tub, and he would throw up the next time he has rabbit from the same tub. I also tried it second time, and he reacted actually the same, even though the second tub was from the same batch. For some reason, rabbits are only a hit if I give them (Panther and Cheetah, Mui Mui has never tried rabbit) as an occasion meal, if I give them 2 meals in a row, they would lose interest. I bought whole skinned rabbit and cut the meat out of it. I am wondering if ground rabbit or even tiny whole rabbit with fur will make a difference.

Cheetah does not like duck, do you think he will like goose?

Any ideas/suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I tried Whole Life Chicken, Cheetah and Panther both licked off the Whole Life Chicken and left the food. Tried snacks, catnip, hairball paste, tuna juice and chicken liver powder, on my homemade food, no luck. Tried leaving food and Cheetah in a room, no, he buried the food with my clothes.

I had to force 3 finger nails size meat down the throat for each meal for 2 days, if not, he would not have eaten anything. Until I got him Rad Cats turkey, and reduced 3 meals to 2 meals, then he ate more.

Back to the topic, I guess I just need to try them all (when/if I move there). I know Cheetah and Mui Mui are probably not allergic to anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by marie73; 09-04-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page