How much for my kittens? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
j1n
Jr. Cat

How much for my kittens?

So i have had cats in the past but i was pretty ignorant about nutrition. i always just gave dry and some wet. me being very into my own health and fitness i want the same for my babies. so ive been doing a lot of research on raw and i like it.

i have 2 new bengal kittens at 11 weeks old now and they just love raw. i got them on rads raw for now but i have already ordered a grinder (tasin 108.) and plan on making my own. i am surprised tho how much they have been eating. when i first got them i started them off on the canned food the breeder was giving them (some purina one stuff). i wanted them on raw so i started to mix the raw and canned 50/50. well i noticed that when they were done there was left overs and all the left overs were canned food.

They really perfer the raw so i have been giving them all raw since but the thing is they eat 2x more raw then they were eating of the canned. ive never payed attention the the volumes of food my kittens were eating before because i would just give them dry and some wet and not pay attention to that at all. again i was pretty ignorant back then. so im wondering if they are eating way more than normal.... i know they say to feed your kitten as much as they want to eat but they say an adult cat eats 6-8oz of food a day. well they have been eating like 9oz of raw food a day. ive been feeding them about 3x a day and about 3oz of raw each time. i weighed it out or the first time today cause i was curious to see how much they were eating. i always gave them what i thought was more than enough but no matter how much i put down in front of them they eat everything. should i give them more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
j1n
Jr. Cat

OK thats good to hear. i weighed it out today and Sammi ate 9.5oz and amber ate 6.5oz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page