Been Away! Update on diets - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to Amylittlehands Send a message via Skype™ to Amylittlehands
Been Away! Update on diets

Hey!
I've been away for a few weeks mainly because my PC broke down and I've recently started University.
Milly was diagnosed with Colitis after slowly putting her back on normal cat food. Her stool was runny and egg white consistency, my vet had the cheek to say it was the raw food doing it when infact she had the symptoms almost two weeks after switching her slowly! She was in a lot of pain too bless her.

So with more dedication for my kittens health I looked extra hard for raw suppliers around me and found a haven. A butchers called A Hole in the wall, family run. They keep the off-cuts of chickens (No other animal sadly). And the only form of bone I could get for my kittens was ground chicken necks frozen from my butcher (better than nothing ey?) The butchers do keep the odd neck or two behind for me for the kittens to enjoy munching on.

However, I'm worried they're not getting a good range of meats as I can only really find lamb hearts & livers, ox liver and chicken liver and also kidneys of lambs and pigs.

Would this seriously effect their health? Three types of animal is the only thing I could get, even rabbit offal is hard to find here which is stupid! I can't find any cheap suppliers in the UK online either for rabbit and other offal.

Anyhoo, I don't measure their food precisely anymore, I give them around a handful of meat, half a handful of liver and other organ (My hands are seriously small haha). Which I think is enough.

Oh and another thing. I had no idea how darn expensive the tinned/pouch cat food was costing me until I switched back to raw! They were eating 6-7 times of big meals daily too on it, and smelly poop. However, back on the raw and their eating just enough for them to handle (When they ask for more, they get it, however that isn't often), and their poo is good consistency. Also Milly's belly is better and no pain which is great!

So, dear ignorant vets. THERE YOU GO ... PROOF.

Maxx & Milly <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to Amylittlehands Send a message via Skype™ to Amylittlehands
I have a question to all UK raw feeders. Any good cheap online suppliers you know of? I found ONE and completely forgot to bookmark it now I can't find it anywhere

Maxx & Milly <3
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 04:53 PM
j1n
Jr. Cat

Here you go. Im not in the UK but i saw this on another board that has mostly UK members.

Raw food English Rabbit and Other Meats
supplements Kitty Bloom Products
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Senior Cat

I have heard of a UK company called Raw 2 Go? Gosh, I will get more info later... a lot of my friends who have chihuahuas use this company. They say it's cheap, and also, they deliver!

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page