New rabbitry photos. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

New rabbitry photos.

Ok, as requested, here is the rabbitry thus far. We just finished the insulation, and finally put in the cold air returns for the exhaust system. Fresh air is circulated throughout every hour. We're putting in heat next, incorporating solar heat to save cost. Between that, and the insulated enclosure, we won't fall below freezing. No frozen water bottles, and it's better for the kits as well.

In spring I'll be painting the walls white so it isn't so ugly, when I can leave the windows and doors open for ventilation. We wanted to do tin, but it was so expensive to do that, to expensive!

Nice big windows for light.....two of them on that wall.

Showing the exhaust system, set up on an hourly timer. There's two cold air returns on the opposite wall, those draw in fresh air, and circulate all the air every hour to keep it fresh.

Bucks corner, and the door out into the rest of the barn.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, it's fantastic how organized and clean it is. This is EXACTLY the kind of place I'd want to buy my feeder rabbits from. You just know that they have been humanely treated throughout the process and are healthy and of the best quality.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
Wow, it's fantastic how organized and clean it is. This is EXACTLY the kind of place I'd want to buy my feeder rabbits from. You just know that they have been humanely treated throughout the process and are healthy and of the best quality.
^^ This! The whole set-up is really wonderful. The time and thought you've put into keeping them safe, warm, and happy, really shows. Amazing work, and what lucky rabbits!

Thanks for the updated pics Geri! You and yer hubby should be proud of the work you've done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Awww, thanks Brianna and Krissy! Most of it is hubbies hard work, he's pretty good at what he does. I just keep it clean and organized, make sure everyone gets their daily pets, scratchies, and kisses. Yup, I have one big old buck, and one fat furry Hamletta who love kisses! There's things I would change, but it works pretty darn good.

On a better note, we're starting to get inquiries from potential customers! Don't want to jinx myself, but 2 inquiries just came in today. Crossing fingers we can start making some money back that we put in!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Premier Cat

Three queries. I'm just waiting for the day you're ready to start shipping!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I actually could ship now if someone was patient enough to let me get the packaging, and details figured out, and within decent shipping distance for frozen raw meat. I don't have alot to share yet, but could support a kitty or two or three.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

That's so impressive, Geri!!!! You guys have done a wonderful job!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks everyone! I really really appreciate the feedback! You are fantastic cheerleaders, and the support you give makes it feel like we are on the right track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page