anyone else have a cat that prefers to eat one large meal a day? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

anyone else have a cat that prefers to eat one large meal a day?

Ok, so I have a cat named Lancelot who seems to prefer to eat one large meal a day rather then 2-3 small ones. I will put down breakfast and he MAYBE takes a bite or two, maybe. Sometimes just walks away entirely. But at dinner he seems content to eat as much as I put in front of him, it is weird! I do a combo of ground a frankenprey and it doesn't seem to matter what I serve when. He will eat 2-3 oz of ground, 2 drummets and a huge chunk of liver all in one sitting at dinner if I let him. The ground being what he snubbed for breakfast. (or even if I put out RMB for breakfast, he is just kind of, meh. The n eats that plus the ground dinner all at once). Anyone else ever had a cat like this? Any reason this could be detrimental to him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe after that big dinner, he's simply not hungry first thing in the morning. My girls usually ignore their breakfast for the few minutes I'm with them, but it's always gone when I get home.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Jr. Cat

It should be fine to feed your cat once a day. It is recommended to feed adult cats once or twice a day. When I am away for several days, my cat sitter comes to my house once a day and that's when my cats eat.
When I am home, I feed them twice daily. My older cat sometimes skips breakfast as if she is full or bored of the meal that comes out every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My normal feeding schedule is three meals a day. Breakfast before I leave for work, dinner as soon as I get home, snack right before bedtime.

The only meal Lancelot eats in full with gusto regularly is dinner.

Unfortunately I can't just leave it out and head to work, I have 2 cats, and the other one (named Figaro) we comonly refer to at Fatty. If I just put down breakfast and left Lancelot would ignore it or possibly eat one or two bites, and then Figaro would polish off his breakfast and Lancelots. Resulting eventually in one very overweight Figaro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page