Rekindled my raw fire. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Rekindled my raw fire.

So I am a part time raw feeder but I have been slacking. Lots of different reasons but now I am thinking of doing it more often.

So I was looking at Hare Today's website.

Does anyone give their dogs/cats guinea pig? I actually used to breed them briefly for a pet store I worked at...as pets. Never thought of them as a food source and thought, why not?

Also, where do you get your best deals? Now I have four mouths to feed and two of them are big mouths. And me with no job. I don't mind the work/prep as long as I can afford it.

I think I need a refresher course. This year was a good deer haul so we have been doing a lot of raw feeding lately and I want to do this more often. I am a firm believer that nutrition is a solid foundation to good health...for everyone!

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Cat

Definitely see if you have any Asian grocery stores nearby. I absolutely love going to the ones near me. They have a really amazing variety of interesting things, and usually really good prices!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Senior Cat

I haven't fed GP's but I definately would! I know a lot of people who do. Their cats love them. Mind you, they do 100% raw and the cats have been on it since kitten-hood to build up jaw strength and those cats will eat ANYTHING. LOL

My best deals are Kijiji/CraigsList - I post asking for hunter scraps, and freezer burnt meat. I take anything given and toss a lot of it (seasoned meat, pork, etc). Some people claim this can be dangerous, and I do believe there are crazies out there, but I have been doing raw a while and never had a problem. Once got a WHOLE freezer full of meat good for PEOPLE they just didn't want anymore! Another time HALF A COW only 6mths old, and on and on.

Asian markets are always great for bargains and weird stuff.

Farmers markets I get whole, live rabbits at the auctions and slaughter them ourselves. Rabbit is a pricey meat, this allows us to enjoy it without paying out the nose.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Tom Cat

Thirding the Asian market idea- everything is SOOOO FRESH!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page