Suddenly Refusing RAW - HELP! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Suddenly Refusing RAW - HELP!

So I finally fully transitioned my crew about 3-4 weeks ago after a long slow introduction, and they've all been doing great. Then this week Wee Lisbeth has started getting REALLY picky and is only nibbling (with masses of encouragement) her food. Her caloric intake is probably sitting at around 1/2-2/3 of what she should be eating over the last few days and I'm getting worried.
Historically she has ranged from total anorexia as a tiny kitten (she had a horrendous start to life) to being slightly picky as she's grown up - the terrible GI problems she had as a baby have settled down to occasional flare ups which I can't attribute a cause to. She did have an upset tummy last week (soft, very mucous covered stool) but has been ok since. Pooing and peeing ok.
I started the journey to RAW mainly due to L's GI problems and Coco's weight issues. To begin with we went grain free, feeding Orijen which they all liked. Now, I have been still giving them 1 Tbsp ea of of Orijen at bed time as a 'backup' through the transition and I'm wondering if she is refusing her Raw in preference to the dry. I haven't upped her dry intake - it's still at 1 Tbsp.
So..... what to do? Cut the dry completely and remove it from the house so that it isn't there to entice her? Give it a few more days after that to see what happens, then off to the vet if she doesn't improve?
I am also going to mix a bit more Beef into her dinner tonight to see if she's decided she doesn't like the additives (with which she's been ok with; cautiously, til now) because yesterday when I was mincing their food and she swiped plain beef chunks off the bench. Actually, maybe I should just offer her some plain beef and if she eats it then very slowly reintroduce the mix with the supplements to the plain beef in tiny increments.

GAH!!!!! I just don't know!

Jen - owned by ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lisbeth
RIP Miss Effie, Mme Coco, Basil, Horse & Toby
Be Happy in your new forever home Mr Tyrion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page