Was doing great, now vomiting - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Was doing great, now vomiting

Cleo has been on Stella & Chewy's frozen raw duck duck goose for a couple of weeks now. She's been doing great. Her coat is now silky and shiny (was getting greasy and didn't look nice), she's not stinky when she uses the litter box either.

So I opened a new bag yesterday I believe. Today, every meal she has eaten she has vomited back up within an hour. She left about 8 different piles of vomit today. Not that she ate 8 times, but my point is she has vomiting everything up.

I have her locked in the laundry room right now with just water since she keeps vomiting on the carpet.

Any experience with a cat suddenly vomiting up their food that they were doing great with? I'm not sure what to feed her now. Should I give her the Instinct LID kibble she was eating? Of course she does this on the weekend when the only vet is the emergency vet. Typical kid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Cool Cat

If she continues to vomit over the night, bring her to the vet tomorrow as she is in danger of becoming seriously dehydrated. It may have zero to do with food and very well could be something else.

She may have swallowed something other than food.......
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Marie5890: Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will have to take her tomorrow if she continues. I just fed her some canned food instead of the raw (it's nature's instinct Lamb) to see if she vomits that or not. I waited over four hours since she last vomited before offering anything new so hopefully her stomach has settled down.

I should say that once she vomits up the food she stops and does not vomit at all in between feedings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

She kept the lamb down with no issues. Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with that new bag of Stella's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page