Beaphar Top 10 Cat Vitamin tablets? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Beaphar Top 10 Cat Vitamin tablets?

Has anyone tried 'Beaphar Top 10' supplement for cats or know if it's any good? It seems to be the only one supplement available where I live.

Here's a quote from the product description:

"Top 10 contains essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements which promote vitality and strengthen your catís physical condition. Top 10 encourages the natural development of bones and teeth in cats, and ensures a glossy coat and bright eyes. It also contains taurine for a strong heart and good eyesight."

Here's an image of the ingredients listed on Amazon:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Premier Cat

Sorry, I haven't tried it or even heard of it. Seems to be more popular in the U.K., so maybe that's why I haven't heard of it. Why would you give it to your cat if you feed a balanced meal, though? Is it an older cat and has absorption issues or other illnesses? What if this make the cat not want to eat its regular meals? If it's shrimp flavored, I'd be worried about addiction its taste (they already go nuts for canned tuna!) and I can be weak if my cats start begging me for it...

I don't think I'd give it to my cats due to its ingredient list, but that's me. If your cats eat them, great!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I've been looking into a raw diet for my cats and it struck me that literally none of the additional supplements recommended in the recipes on catinfo/catnutrition were available where I live, so I was wondering if I'd found a reasonable substitute.

PS: Mods - feel free to move this to raw forum if appropriate

Last edited by marie73; 10-27-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Premier Cat

Have you tried a human vitamin store? I'm pretty sure you can purchase it there, unless you're really in a remote area, then I don't know...online stores like Amazon too, would have supplements that Dr. Pierson recommends, but again, I don't know where you are.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Ah! I didn't realize a human vitamin store would do! I'm reading the recipe again on catinfo now and I notice it indeed doesn't specify any feline specific brands (in which case I have an endless array of options available to me).

Looks like this is going to be possible after all!

Last edited by marie73; 10-27-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page