how to figure out why your cat is sick - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

how to figure out why your cat is sick

Hi everyone,
Iím hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of my catís recent throwing up. I really want to figure out why this is happening to my 2.5 year old, raw fed male.
The mysterious thing is that he was sick in this same fashion (symptoms, behavior and duration) the exact same time last yearÖ.very weird. (and he has not been sick in between last year and now).

He vomits his food not long after consumption, and the food is whole, undigested, and there is lots of bile. It even smells bad.
Other characteristics of this sick bout he is lethargic and quiet, will not eat, drinks a little tiny bit. Last time it took him 3 days to get over it and thatís a long time to be throwing up and not keep anything in your stomachÖ poor dude.

Because he eats raw, Iím very observant when he is sick, it worries me a lot because he is the first cat Iíve fed raw (itís going really well, but I think you can never let your guard down). Some information I was hoping to get from the crowd is the following:
- What makes a cat throw up his whole food, undigested?
- Sometimes the content, how far itís been digested, the bile color and smell can tell you where the food was in the system when it was thrown up and give clues to whatís wrongÖ
- I wonder if I should discredit the fact that he was sick in the same way, the same time last yearÖ coincidence or possible clue? Would allergies make him throw up so severely?
- What are the odds he is lacking a certain nutrient? Would his symptoms be more persistent if that were the caseÖ?

Really hoping to figure this outÖ Any advice?

Last edited by doodlebug; 03-28-2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Change font back to forum standards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Jr. Cat

I would take him to the vet for a checkup. Since it was the same time last year, could it be that he might be shedding and taking too much fur in his system? It's heartbreaking when our kitties aren't well.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks for your reply- I did take him, yes. Always better to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page