suddenly vomiting? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

suddenly vomiting?

we went raw about a week ago with Rad Cat lamb. my kitty LOVED it at first...cleaned her bowl like a champ! no problems or issues and even cleared up the diarrhea she'd had for months. however, I've struggled with stopping her kibble altogether and ended up buying some NV raw boost, the kind that has freeze dried bits in it. she LOVES that too but I've been giving her very very little of it hoping I can get her to 100% raw. sometimes I feel like she wants that kibble and wants it bad but I still only give her a little bit.
so... near the end of last week she started acting like she didn't want the raw anymore so I mixed it in with some of her old fancy feast so she would eat it. then suddenly early yesterday morning she puked up a small amount of bile...about 12 hours later after she had some lamb mixed w/fancy feast she puked again... this time there was a tiny piece of wrapper in her vomit so I figured she had gotten into something and the two pukes were probably because of that. just now, early Tuesday...I fed her some raw lamb only but she barely touched it and then puked again... this time a lot more but all liquid.
I'm starting to feel like she isn't eating much so I went ahead and gave her a bowl of the kibble w/freeze dried bits which she's eating right now like its her birthday.

any ideas whats going on?? anyone else experience this with being new to raw and still working on the transition?? any replies are much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Cat Addict

Someone can probably explain better than me, but I believe raw and kibble are digested differently and can cause digestive upset if consumed together. Wet food can be combined with either... so you could slow transition kibble to wet and then wet to raw, but not kibble directly to raw. I don't have personal experience though, that's just what I've read here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Premier Cat

Sounds as if she ate some paper and it has irritated her stomach and caused her to vomit, and she's connected it to the raw food. Continue with the kibble until all the paper has passed thro and/or she's no longer trying to vomit. Then very gradually over a couple of weeks add bits of the raw food to the kibble until she's transitioned back to it. If she continues to vomit and is off her food complete, get her to the vet as she may have a blockage in her intestines.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

thank you so much!! I'm at work and just worrying myself to death. in general she's not a puker and I am hoping that whatever she ate out of the trash is what's causing the problem, especially because she really isn't puking up food just liquid. hopefully it will pass soon. I will certainly follow your advice with the slow transition back to raw. thanks again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page