[UK] Grinder for bones - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat

[UK] Grinder for bones

Does anyone in the UK have suggestions for a suitable grinder that will handle bones ?

All the information I can find is very US-centric. If anyone has any suggestions for things easily available in the UK that would be great.

I'm trying to get my kitten onto a raw food diet, and she hasnt shown any interest in any of the commercial ones I have tried.

I was making a chicken casserole for dinner today, so gave Abby half a chicken thigh which I had cut up into 1cm3 cubes after removing the bone - and she pounced on it, as soon as I put it down.

So she clearly doesnt have a problem with raw food per se, so I figured I would have a go at making some for her.

I'll try other raw meats as I cook dinner for myself, and see what she likes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 06:03 AM
Cool Cat

You may be better off looking at some of the US-based info, gleaning info about the specific grinders that are used here, and then literally matching specs with ones you can find in the UK.

Making Cat Food by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM :: homemade cat food, cat food recipes

Tasin TS-108 Electric Meat Grinder::Raw::Pet Food Making::BARF::Venison::Deer

Dr. Pierson seems to favor "Grinder size - #12" so I would peruse online stores in the UK with that in mind.

I know this isn't very helpful or specific, but it can give you a springboard to look around while you wait for better input :}

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks LakotaWolf, I had read those - but couldn't find anywhere over here that sold them.

Doing a search on amazon for grinders, and reading the comments, a lot of them had questions asked like "Can this be used to grind bones for pet food", and I haven't yet found one that was answered in the positive.

Hence, I was hoping that someone here in the UK would have a suggestion as to what they have found to work.

I will continue to research independently, but I fear that the terminology used may differ between the US and here =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page