Hello - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello

Hello everyone,

Just a bit of an introduction, I have a nutured, male cat named Dustin, He is a tabby and white moggie. The vet said he is around 5 years old but is only a small cat weighing in at 4kgs.

l have had Dustin for a few months now. He was a stray that turned up at my Dad's house with bad fleas and worms. Dustin came to live with me as Dad already had seven cats and couldn't afford to keep another.

Now Dustin is flea and worm free and is in good health. He is one of the most affectionate and vocal cats I've had, He is always right by myself or my partners side whenever we're home, talking and singing to us.

He loves sleeping in his basket in the sun.

He is very curious and wonders over to the neighbors houses. We can sometimes hear him walking around the neighborhood when he doesn't know we're home, talking to everyone and everything, he loves hanging out with other animals including my mini rex and mini lop rabbits. He is a very confident cat and is the boss of the neighbors large dog.

Dustin is currently on a raw meat diet. He started it about 4 weeks ago but is quite fussy, only eating rabbit, hare, lamb, veal and beef. Since we are new to a raw food diet any information is welcome.

I look forward to getting more information and ideas to make my furbaby's life the best it can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 11:14 PM
Cat

Hello there and welcome to the forum

Last edited by marie73; 02-25-2016 at 04:07 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you. That's great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 12:30 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 04:32 AM
Cool Cat

Hi, Penny!

I have my 17-year-old cat on a raw diet as well. I started her on the raw diet when she was 14 years old, after she was diagnosed with CRF/CKD (kitty kidney failure). Despite all my vets acting like I am an evil person, I think going raw was the best health decision I ever made for my cat. She has tons more energy, her kidneys have not worsened much more over 3 years, and her fur is so much softer!

I have her on a ground meat-bones-organs diet, and I vary her proteins just like you do with Dustin. Sometimes my girl "decides" that she no longer likes one of the protein types, like chicken or rabbit, and she will no longer eat it. Then a few months later, I'll try it again and she'll gobble it up. So you could keep trying Dustin on some of the other proteins he doesn't seem to like right now, or just stick to what you know he'll eat :}

We have a Raw forum here where you can post any specific questions you have, but I'll give you some of the links I've found have helped me with my raw diet meanderings :}

Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

Feline Nutrition

A lot of these sites are mostly about "transitioning" your cat to a raw diet, which you don't have to do because Dustin already eats raw ;} but I've found them to be VERY interesting reading/info anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by marie73; 02-25-2016 at 05:14 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you LakotaWolf, that was very helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page