Beginner in RAW for Cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Beginner in RAW for Cats

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for going MIA for so long. Been way too crazy here for many various reasons for way too long.

Well...I finally took the plunge in feeding my 2 cats RAW. I've been feeding my dogs RAW for years now just never with the cats.

Is there really much of a difference between dogs & cats other than the taurine requirements? 80-10-10, with 5% of the organs being beef liver?

I am also getting mixed messages about supplements. Isn't the purpose of RAW feeding to provide as close to natural food without all the extras because it's all in the meat/organs/bones? Anyways, I will supplement if it's highly recommended by the many seasoned RAW feeders here.

I was also reading that beef heart is a high source of taurine and that ground heart diminishes the taurine as opposed to feeding whole. Is this true? Untrue? Any other meats high in taurine for variety?

Then there's the whole fish oil; omega 3's. Does this need to be supplemented as well, or is there a meat/organ that will provide sufficient omega 3's?

Thank you to all that read through my million question post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page