Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - View Single Post - I got thinking today .. perhaps too much.
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 PM
marie73
Super Moderator

Re: I got thinking today .. perhaps too much.

Well, from the perspective of someone who's going through something right now (Cinderella is sick), let me just say this. If you spend time thinking about "what if" and being sad thinking about how you'll feel and what you'll do when the time comes, then when the time really comes, you'll look back and think of how much time you wasted worrying when she wasn't sick, when you could have been in the moment and loving your cat.

It is normal, though. I've done it, too, mostly when I read the Over the Rainbow Bridge threads, which break my heart. It always makes me spend extra time with my girls, thankful that they're healthy.

Cinderella was my first cat, my first love and will be my first loss.

As much as you can, take lots of pictures, get her regular check-ups, try not to dwell on "what if" and love your lovely Destiny for being with you right now.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome