Cat Forum banner

Hello from Silas

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Owned_By_Two 
#1 ·
Just wanted to introduce Silas to the board. :) He's a big yellow tabby with a wonderfully sweet disposition... I've taken care of a few cats, though I've never really had one of my own, and I've never known one who loved to be petted and cuddled as much as him. He's a rescue cat who I found through the local Humane Society.

They found him in the city pound, with one leg sticking out straight as a board. After taking him in, they discovered that his hip was long out of socket, he had many torn ligaments, and his kneecap was on the wrong side. They had no idea what had happened, but the leg was irreparable. He's since had it amputated, and is about three weeks out of surgery today. I adopted him about a week ago.

It's awesome to see his progress every day... He's one tough kitty. :) It really amazes me how he could have been through so much, and still has such an incredibly sweet disposition. He walks up to strangers as soon as they come into the apartment, and just curls next to them, waiting to be petted.

But anyway, here he is!

See less See more
#4 ·
What a sweet boy!! You did a great thing, getting him out of the shelter, and they did a great thing by getting him out of the city pound. Poor thing.

He looks a lot like Murphy. It seems like orange cats usually have those copper-colored eyes, but Silas and Murphy both have light green eyes. So cute!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.