Old forum pictures. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Old forum pictures.

Does anyone know what has happened to the pictures and albums that were posted on "meet my kitty" prior to having to use photo bucket? I had quite a few pictures posted of my cats, and since I don't use photo bucket, I was wondering how I could go about posting recent pictures of them.
Are we going to be able to have access to the photos that we have previously posted? Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Jacquie, aka: cat1963.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Some are missing, Jacquie.

PS I still miss you! And I'm betting I'm not alone!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Awww thanks Jeanie.
I miss being on here as much too. I have been very very busy looking after
my disabled husband, and teaching income tax courses.
Is there any way to find out if my photo albums were lost? If so, how? If they weren't lost, can I access them somehow?
Thanks again,

Jacquie. aka Cat1963
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Yung is going to have to answer this...us Mods have no idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Premier Cat

Jacquie, perhaps it would be best to ask "administrator." I think a lot were lost. I wish I could help you.

Jeanie

post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Banned

They're still somewhere; the question is whether they're accessible. If Yung didn't transfer them to his host, then they're still on the former host's servers. You guys might have some luck contacting the former owner/administrator and see if they can be made available for awhile to the members that want to download them. There might be fees involved if backups need to be restored.

So, they're probably not lost (as in the sense of gone forever); most likely they're lost (in the sense you don't know where they are and can't get at them)

ETA - this new owner/administrator purchased the forum, right? No doubt that means all content. And if the images that are "lost" were part of the forum before it was sold, then ownership of those images now belongs to the new owner. If he doesn't have them in his possession, then by all means he should get them before the previous owner lets his hosting contract expire.

Last edited by icatguy; 07-23-2010 at 12:55 AM. Reason: ETA
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:45 PM
ZAR
Cool Cat

They deleted the CatForum up-loader and I lost loads of my great pictures... This upsets me really as I had a lot of important photo's there. I'll probably get a warning for saying that but w/e >.>
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Premier Cat

The administraror's COMPANY bought the forum. And I lost my pictures, as did other mods and members. We're all hoping he can locate them. He's the man to address. There's a special forum for that. https://www.catforum.com/forum/68-fee...ggestions.html

Or send him a PM. We're hoping they can be found. If you're getting a warning, I guess I will too. I think we've have our fill of negativity. No one is doing anything but trying to make a smooth transition. That doesn't always work perfectly.

The administrator is the expert in these matters, and the only person who might be able to help. If Catman can help him, I'm sure he will. They are the good guys. They don't want to sabotage the forum. That wouldn't make sense.

Jeanie

Last edited by Jeanie; 07-23-2010 at 05:44 PM.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Cat Addict

I wish someone would address the issue of how we were continually told that it would someday be restored and I for one believe that was never the intention in the first place. The mods were misled into misleading the membership. I lost a lot of photos there, too that I do not have anywhere else.

-steve

post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Premier Cat

We asked often enough. We hoped a lot. That's all we could do. I don't know what happened to them. The gallery disappeared after the update to phpBB.

Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page