Lengthen Auto Log-out delay?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Lengthen Auto Log-out delay??

It would be great if you could lengthen the amount of time between keystrokes and log-out.

Sometimes I need to go to the litter box. . . it would be great if I was still logged in when I returned.

Even when composing a post, sometimes the site will log me out. It is the shortest time I've ever seen on a forum - and the "Remember Me" login feature doesn't even work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by suwanee View Post
It would be great if you could lengthen the amount of time between keystrokes and log-out.

Sometimes I need to go to the litter box. . . it would be great if I was still logged in when I returned.

Even when composing a post, sometimes the site will log me out. It is the shortest time I've ever seen on a forum - and the "Remember Me" login feature doesn't even work.
That's why I never log out. I just stay logged in.

----------
Renée
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know how it works. Sometimes it logs me out after just a little while, sometimes I come back to it after 2 hours and I'm still logged in. No big deal, logging back in just takes a couple seconds.

If you're going to make a long post, you could make it in a Word document, then cut and paste. Helps with typos, too.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:04 AM
NRD
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
I don't know how it works. Sometimes it logs me out after just a little while, sometimes I come back to it after 2 hours and I'm still logged in. No big deal, logging back in just takes a couple seconds.

If you're going to make a long post, you could make it in a Word document, then cut and paste. Helps with typos, too.
Or, as an alternative, now whenever I type a post that is more than three paras long, I select the edit button and copy whatever I have just drafted, so that if I have been logged out in the meantime (and I have been, on numerous occasions, in as short as 15-20 minutes), all I have to do is log back in, go back where I was, and then paste the draft back into the message box.

All you have to do is lose one long post to start taking these precautions.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4kitties View Post
That's why I never log out. I just stay logged in.
I would LOVE to stay logged in....all my other forums and social media sites allow that..not this one. Even other vBulletin (this format) Forums at least let me choose "Remember Me" on the login page so when I come back, I don't have to type in my password and screen name.

Makes me wish my screen name was "M" and my Password "m1" or something equally easy.

If I don't use a keystroke, it logs me out in about 5-8 minute. That's how long it takes me to type sometimes....yeah, I could use Word, but that is also......
...... Annoying.....
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

My4Kitties, what browser are you using?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Premier Cat

Firefox, version 3.6.13

----------
Renée
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4kitties View Post
Firefox, version 3.6.13
Hm, I use IE 8 - but I don't have this problem on other forums. At least I have somewhere to begin. Thx!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Premier Cat

you're welcome! I hope you can get it fixed.

----------
Renée
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Premier Cat

I too use Word for long posts just to be on the safe side, although I've sometimes been logged out in the midst of short posts. The phone will ring. I answer, then get back to the computer, finish the post, hit submit and end up logged out. That said, if I log back in again, I'm normally taken back to my post and nothing is lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page