Posting a picture - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Posting a picture

I need some help posting a picture of my kitties. I'm not very tech savvy so be kind . I have a picture in "My Documents" but how do I get it to this website? I'm on Internet Explorer. Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

You need to upload it to a photo hosting site like Photobucket. Then copy the link with the IMG tags at each end and paste it into your post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrhonda View Post
I need some help posting a picture of my kitties. I'm not very tech savvy so be kind . I have a picture in "My Documents" but how do I get it to this website? I'm on Internet Explorer. Thanks for any help!
Do you mean in a post on the forums, or like as an avatar or in a photo album?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat

photo posting

Esmeray,

Both or either/or. Not necessarily a photo album.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Help

Ok, I uploaded it to photobucket, but can't get it to here!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

When you're on Photobucket to the right of the picture is a box called image links. Click on the one that says IMG Code, it will copy and then just paste it into a post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Ok, did that, it says copied but to where? And how do I paste? Don't see anything that says paste. Sorry I'm so dense!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Cat Addict

There's sites like photobucket and imageshack that are popular for uploading. If I'm just uploading a single picture quickly I use tinypic, you don't need to register to use it.

Since you already have the picture uploaded, it will have some text for certain uses on the page it's uploaded to, one should read for message boards. If you click the text it will likely automatically highlight (if it doesn't, once you've clicked the text press Ctrl and the letter A at the same time) ... after the text code is highlighted you will still have to press Ctrl and C to copy it, or right click and select "Copy" from a list of options.

Now that it's copied, when you're replying to a thread on a message board, in the area you type press Ctrl and the letter V, or right click in the white box you're typing in and press "Paste" ... the last thing you copied should appear right where your cursor is flashing, so it's best to say what you're typing about and then to press enter a few times before posting your pictures at the bottom of your post.

Hope that helps.

Along with the dogs
and
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you!

ezmeray,

Yay! It worked.....that you so much for your detailed intructions. That's what I needed. Here are Ray and Rhonda, my beautiful kitties
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrhonda View Post
ezmeray,

Yay! It worked.....that you so much for your detailed intructions. That's what I needed. Here are Ray and Rhonda, my beautiful kitties
Awesome! I'm so glad it worked. Yeah I thought it'd just be easier to send it over pm--rather than bore everyone with my ramblings! lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page