picture - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

picture

I want to post an awesome photo, but do not have a url address, just a pic in my documents. help? thx. Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 05:14 AM
Cool Cat

Hi, I use photobucket. It's free. You upload from your computer to photobucket and then use the links to post your pics online.

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Premier Cat

It's a bit of an involved process from the computer and will only work with the "Post Reply" link or when starting a new thread. It cannot be done from Post Quick Reply" link to my knowledge unless you have a URL.

Click on the little paper click icon then select your pic from your computer drive. Click upload, then clost that screen once upload is complete (takes a few seconds). Click the paper clip AGAIN and you will see the file name. Click on that. It will not show up as an actual pic until you actually post it. It will show something like:
attach1031attach

Just ignore it and post. If it doesn't work you must have skipped a step so retry. You can always edit or delete your post within the 5 minute grace period.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

didnt work, no way to do anything, just asks for url address of pic. i tried photobucket but have some pics of girls, so the site erased it... (here)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Cat Addict

There are a couple ways (at least). I use tinypic for the external photo hosting site. I upload the photo to the site, then I copy the URL it gives me and come to this site and use the 'insert image' icon where I paste it.

Or the method Marcia described, I believe, is more commonly used.

Here are links to the threads about each of these methods from the tech support forum. Hope you can get it to work.

https://www.catforum.com/forum/66-tec...ing-photo.html

https://www.catforum.com/forum/66-tec...g-picture.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

http://www.23hq.com/justme007

kinda small though... so just click on the pic see the cat jumping?

Last edited by catlover4ever; 04-10-2013 at 10:51 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Tom Cat

Well, now I've gone and done it! I was trying to post my "family" photos under my signature. I got the pic from photobucket but it ended up HUGE. I don't know how to delete it and make the pics small. Help please! I've spent the whole blessed day on this! I am not tech savvy.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Cat Addict

LOL yeah, the mods won't let that sig stay that size, even though it's super adorable.

You can either use a photo editing software or even just a document editing software on your computer to resize it. I think for signatures, it has to be 150x500 or smaller. Or if you used photobucket or tinypic to create it, on the page where you uploaded it, it should give you sizes to choose from for the download. Pick a smaller one, like 'avatar' and see how it looks, you can always keep resizing until you get it where you want.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page