How do I delete a photo after uploading it to my post - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat

How do I delete a photo after uploading it to my post

This is while the post or reply is still in 'preview post'. I cannot delete the thumbnail so I can upload the correct photo I want. I have tried to put in another photo and it worked but the thumbnail is still showing up, that's what I'm trying to delete. Thanks.

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by marie73; 01-08-2014 at 04:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 04:20 AM
Cat

Let's say we have this image: httpx://s9.postimg.org/x9ej15ipb/cute_cat_kitten_jeans_the_bed_wallpaper_1920x120.j pg

The thumbnail link we are given is [urlx=http://postimg.org/image/rxzmgfwmj/][imgx]http://s9.postimg.org/rxzmgfwmj/cute_cat_kitten_jeans_the_bed_wallpaper_1920x120.j pg[/imgx][/urlx]

Let's image this is what i want to post:

In code it looks like:

When you click preview, You see what the post will look like if you submit. Just below that, you will find a text editing box with the original text. You simply delete the thumbnail code in there:

Personally, i like to use httpx://postimg.org/ for uploading pictures because it's simple (not bloated) fast, allows you to upload multiple pictures at a time if you want and creates the codes corectly. When posting i use "Thumbnail for Forums (1)", that's like the thumbnail above.

P.S. To display code, I added "x" in the tags. To make it work, you need to delete all the x-es in the tags. (e.g. [/urlx] changes back to [/url])

Last edited by Siskin; 01-08-2014 at 04:24 AM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Administrator

@heston: Did you receive the help you needed to delete the photo before you post it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
@heston: Did you receive the help you needed to delete the photo before you post it?
I will try it now, thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

I came upon another problem while trying to do what you mentioned. I wanted to post a pic and then another pic but I can only post one, when I go back to the paper clip it just keeps giving me the first pic. I wanted two pics so I could try deleting the first one as per your post. Things are just getting more complicated, geesh.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by heston View Post
I came upon another problem while trying to do what you mentioned. I wanted to post a pic and then another pic but I can only post one, when I go back to the paper clip it just keeps giving me the first pic. I wanted two pics so I could try deleting the first one as per your post. Things are just getting more complicated, geesh.
Ok I found the way to post more than one pic at a time. I still don't know how to delete a thumbnail tho. You mentioned I can delete it in the 'preview' mode but how do I delete it after it is already submitted. I'm talking about the photo I do not want after posting one I do want. That's where I'm having the problem.

Thanks.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Cat

If you have submited, you have 5 minutes to edit the post. If you look at your reply, in the bottom left corner next to quote, for 5 minutes there will be an additional button called "Edit". Click that, then continue to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siskin View Post
...you will find a text editing box with the original text. You simply delete the thumbnail code in there:

Personally, i like to use httpx://postimg.org/ for uploading pictures because it's simple (not bloated) fast, allows you to upload multiple pictures at a time if you want and creates the codes corectly. When posting i use "Thumbnail for Forums (1)", that's like the thumbnail above.

P.S. To display code, I added "x" in the tags. To make it work, you need to delete all the x-es in the tags. (e.g. [/urlx] changes back to [/url])

Each image has it's own personal thumbnail code (text), simply add or remove that text to your reply.

If you still have difficulties, please let me know and we'll try a different approach to clarify this. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat

This is photo 1 and 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	12-08.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	42642

Name:	2013 armchair.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	42650

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat

This is still not working for me, I cannot delete the first picture. I don't see any text for the thumbnail.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Trying again:

pic 1Click image for larger version

Name:	05600014.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	42658

Name:	close up 2014.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	42666

Will try to delete pic one. Nope, just not working.

Last edited by heston; 01-10-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: 632t-how-do-i-delete-photo-after-uploading-m
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page