Posting pics - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Question Posting pics

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I would like to share my babies but I can't figure out how to put pictures into a post.

If someone could help me, that would be great.

Mom to Abby & Gizmo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Cat Addict

larsan,

You have to make sure and upload your pics to something like facebook. Once that's done you go to your newly posted photo of your kitty, right click on the photo. In the menu it'll say something about "image address", that's what you want to click on.

Now come back to the CatForum and start your post or new thread.
You'll notice a little teeny icon at the top of your message that looks like a post card.
Click on that once that is opened now you want to "paste" what you have stored from your posted photo, the image address.
Hit "ok" then its all in the post. You can "Go advanced" if you want to preview what your post will look like.

Good luck, it really is easy, it just looks complicated in words LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thank you. I think I figured it out!

Mom to Abby & Gizmo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Cat

well, I've also tried several times to post a banner to my signature and it appears to be within the size limits and nothing shows up. I am using my pic from flickr...do I have to use facebook?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
No...and if you do use Facebook, you have to make sure that your settings for your pictures are set to "Public". If they're set to anything else, the picture won't show up. I personally use Photobucket to store my pictures.

----------
Renée
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Premier Cat

I use flickr. Open the picture in flickr, pick the size you want to post and then copy the BBCode.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Cat

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Cat

well, I think I have it, but when I try to use it as a signature, it tells me that I've posted 5 images and I'm only allowed 4. I used the 240x120, so it's smaller than the allowed size. In any case...I'm learning. Thanks!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 03:46 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Is flickr easier to use than Photobucket?

----------
Renée
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Administrator

You can upload an image to your signature straight from your computer and/or from any site hosted online as long as the image is not privately blocked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page