New Site Look and Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Premier Cat

I don't care for the color change at all but willing to give everything a try. Perhaps it's just the abrupt change.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:20 AM
Kitten

I'm fine with the look, but find its far less functional on my iPad. Not a fan
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 08:12 AM
Cool Cat

I also am having trouble with the new setup. The font is so small and pale I cannot read it without readjusting the zoom. And in order to make a post I must enable javascript which I keep disabled for security reasons. Probably will not be posting much any more. Sad.

Like the pictures of the cats, that's good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 08:19 AM
Cool Cat

Cannot post without javascript, avatars do not show without javascript, font too small and pale without major zoom.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Kitten

What I don't like is that I can't click on the Forums tab and see all the subforums at once, I have to select one from a drop down list. I far prefer being able to see all the subforums at once to make my selection, that's how every other forum I'm on is set up, and it's far more functional. Other than that, I have no complaints about the new version.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt'sMom View Post
I'm fine with the look, but find its far less functional on my iPad. Not a fan
Hey there

Can you give us a little more detail about the functions you are having trouble with on your iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldercat View Post
Cannot post without javascript, avatars do not show without javascript, font too small and pale without major zoom.
I will see what we can do about the overall font on the site.

As for being unable to post and see avatars, are you running a 'no script' or something similar? It may be blocking the particular script needed for those functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt'sMom View Post
What I don't like is that I can't click on the Forums tab and see all the subforums at once, I have to select one from a drop down list. I far prefer being able to see all the subforums at once to make my selection, that's how every other forum I'm on is set up, and it's far more functional. Other than that, I have no complaints about the new version.
I'm not sure if they can link that directly, since it is a drop down menu. But! The main header image does link to the forum list (click the kitties!). Does that work for you?

Dayle

If you need Admin support please post here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Major problem here:

I cannot enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum........I CAN enter each and every other forum on the site. Here's what happens:

From the forums menu page ( https://www.catforum.com/forum/ ).......if I attempt to enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum ( Health and Nutrition - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums ), I am brought back to the forums menu page !

Stranger is this.....if I click on either of the Health and Nutrition subforums (Cat Food Recipies/Raw Food Diet)...I CAN get into those.

SAME HAPPENS WHEN LOGGED OUT

HELP !

Last edited by Stryker; 11-24-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: ADDITION
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

As for being unable to post and see avatars, are you running a 'no script' or something similar? It may be blocking the particular script needed for those functions.
Yes, I run with a No Script. Pretty sure that is the problem. When I enable scripting and refresh the screen I can see avatars and post. Then I get to disable scripting and refresh the screen. Annoying.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldercat View Post
Yes, I run with a No Script. Pretty sure that is the problem. When I enable scripting and refresh the screen I can see avatars and post. Then I get to disable scripting and refresh the screen. Annoying.
Is it that No Script specifically? From what I understand, that one is pretty strict. Have you considered alternatives, like Ghostery or Kaspersky? Members on other communities seem to be able to browse with those ones. Or is there an option to 'whitelist' CatForum.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Major problem here:

I cannot enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum........I CAN enter each and every other forum on the site. Here's what happens:

From the forums menu page ( https://www.catforum.com/forum/ ).......if I attempt to enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum ( Health and Nutrition - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums ), I am brought back to the forums menu page !

Stranger is this.....if I click on either of the Health and Nutrition subforums (Cat Food Recipies/Raw Food Diet)...I CAN get into those.

SAME HAPPENS WHEN LOGGED OUT

HELP !
Can you let me know what browser and device/platform you are using? It seems to be directing fine from here. This is the URL it sends me to: Health and Nutrition - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums Does that link work for you?

Dayle

If you need Admin support please post here:

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Banned

Can we go to PM on this? I've messaged "Kevin" with a re-direct to you....if no one else is experiencing this issue, I'd rather not 'clutter' this thread.

-S

Last edited by marie73; 11-26-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page