New Site Look and Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Premier Cat
 
Marcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 8,534
I don't care for the color change at all but willing to give everything a try. Perhaps it's just the abrupt change.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Marcia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:20 AM
Kitten
 
Tybalt'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 14
I'm fine with the look, but find its far less functional on my iPad. Not a fan
Tybalt'sMom is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 08:12 AM
Cool Cat
 
eldercat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,252
I also am having trouble with the new setup. The font is so small and pale I cannot read it without readjusting the zoom. And in order to make a post I must enable javascript which I keep disabled for security reasons. Probably will not be posting much any more. Sad.

Like the pictures of the cats, that's good.
eldercat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 08:19 AM
Cool Cat
 
eldercat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,252
Cannot post without javascript, avatars do not show without javascript, font too small and pale without major zoom.
eldercat is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Kitten
 
Tybalt'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 14
What I don't like is that I can't click on the Forums tab and see all the subforums at once, I have to select one from a drop down list. I far prefer being able to see all the subforums at once to make my selection, that's how every other forum I'm on is set up, and it's far more functional. Other than that, I have no complaints about the new version.
Tybalt'sMom is offline  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt'sMom View Post
I'm fine with the look, but find its far less functional on my iPad. Not a fan
Hey there

Can you give us a little more detail about the functions you are having trouble with on your iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldercat View Post
Cannot post without javascript, avatars do not show without javascript, font too small and pale without major zoom.
I will see what we can do about the overall font on the site.

As for being unable to post and see avatars, are you running a 'no script' or something similar? It may be blocking the particular script needed for those functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt'sMom View Post
What I don't like is that I can't click on the Forums tab and see all the subforums at once, I have to select one from a drop down list. I far prefer being able to see all the subforums at once to make my selection, that's how every other forum I'm on is set up, and it's far more functional. Other than that, I have no complaints about the new version.
I'm not sure if they can link that directly, since it is a drop down menu. But! The main header image does link to the forum list (click the kitties!). Does that work for you?

Dayle

If you need Admin support please post here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 890
Exclamation

Major problem here:

I cannot enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum........I CAN enter each and every other forum on the site. Here's what happens:

From the forums menu page ( https://www.catforum.com/forum/ ).......if I attempt to enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum ( Health and Nutrition - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums ), I am brought back to the forums menu page !

Stranger is this.....if I click on either of the Health and Nutrition subforums (Cat Food Recipies/Raw Food Diet)...I CAN get into those.


SAME HAPPENS WHEN LOGGED OUT

HELP !

Last edited by Stryker; 11-24-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: ADDITION
Stryker is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Cool Cat
 
eldercat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

As for being unable to post and see avatars, are you running a 'no script' or something similar? It may be blocking the particular script needed for those functions.
Yes, I run with a No Script. Pretty sure that is the problem. When I enable scripting and refresh the screen I can see avatars and post. Then I get to disable scripting and refresh the screen. Annoying.
eldercat is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldercat View Post
Yes, I run with a No Script. Pretty sure that is the problem. When I enable scripting and refresh the screen I can see avatars and post. Then I get to disable scripting and refresh the screen. Annoying.
Is it that No Script specifically? From what I understand, that one is pretty strict. Have you considered alternatives, like Ghostery or Kaspersky? Members on other communities seem to be able to browse with those ones. Or is there an option to 'whitelist' CatForum.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Major problem here:

I cannot enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum........I CAN enter each and every other forum on the site. Here's what happens:

From the forums menu page ( https://www.catforum.com/forum/ ).......if I attempt to enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum ( Health and Nutrition - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums ), I am brought back to the forums menu page !

Stranger is this.....if I click on either of the Health and Nutrition subforums (Cat Food Recipies/Raw Food Diet)...I CAN get into those.


SAME HAPPENS WHEN LOGGED OUT

HELP !
Can you let me know what browser and device/platform you are using? It seems to be directing fine from here. This is the URL it sends me to: Health and Nutrition - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums Does that link work for you?

Dayle

If you need Admin support please post here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 890
Can we go to PM on this? I've messaged "Kevin" with a re-direct to you....if no one else is experiencing this issue, I'd rather not 'clutter' this thread.

-S

Last edited by marie73; 11-26-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Stryker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome