New Site Look and Feedback Thread - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Is it that No Script specifically? From what I understand, that one is pretty strict. Have you considered alternatives, like Ghostery or Kaspersky? Members on other communities seem to be able to browse with those ones. Or is there an option to 'whitelist' CatForum.com?
Dayle
It's in my Browser Preferences, Advanced options, Scripts and Plugins, enable javascript. (Not Windows) Strict is what I want. As in, Flash is not installed, etc. Don't worry about it, I know this is my setup causing my problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Premier Cat

Ooh, I see the "welcome [username]" line is now in bold. Don't know if it's something I changed or the admin changed, but I like it - thanks!

One more comment: I posted a link in one of my posts, but it isn't underlined, the way links usually are. The link itself works fine; it's just that it's not possible to tell that there's a link in a post just by looking at it. Maybe our admin gods could make links look like links?
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:06 PM
Kitten

it is very nice and I thought I was on the wrong place at 1st thank you for all your hard work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Premier Cat

It just looks so PRO, sisters and bros. Pleasing to the eye, easier to navigate... It inspires confidence to the mewbie who wants to know how to better care for their cats.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Tom Cat

I love the new photo drop-and-drag place. I was so frustrated at not being able to attach photos to my posts before. Well done!
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
Ooh, I see the "welcome [username]" line is now in bold. Don't know if it's something I changed or the admin changed, but I like it - thanks!

One more comment: I posted a link in one of my posts, but it isn't underlined, the way links usually are. The link itself works fine; it's just that it's not possible to tell that there's a link in a post just by looking at it. Maybe our admin gods could make links look like links?
I'll pass this up to the team and see what they can come up with for the links

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Dayle

If you need Admin support please post here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Banned

Whoa !!!!!!!!!! (in case you've moved on from resolving problems with the 'new look')

My issue is still NOT resolved and I've just re-sent a PM.

Last edited by marie73; 12-05-2016 at 03:15 PM.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

The issue is that you're clicking links with # at the end, they are anchor points on the forum index so you can see their respective subforums on the list. In short, they're just headings for the appropriate content. I apologize that this was not clarified sooner.

Kyle

If you need Admin support please post here:

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
The issue is that you're clicking links with # at the end, they are anchor points on the forum index so you can see their respective subforums on the list. In short, they're just headings for the appropriate content....
Kyle
Here's what I originally reported as the problem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
I cannot enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum........

From the forums menu page ( https://www.catforum.com/forum/ ).......if I attempt to enter the "Health and Nutrition" forum ( Health and Nutrition - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums ), I am brought back to the forums menu page !
Let me try your language: If I click on the "anchor point" labelled "Health and Nutrition".....I am NOT GETTING IN THERE to the "appropriate content".....I am taken back to the "forum index" instead - It's taking me back to where I started.

Another way to put it: [and, I've left out the 'h' from the http for clarity] when I'm on this page: ttp://www.catforum.com/forum/ and when I click on this link: ttp://www.catforum.com/forum/38-health-nutrition/ I am brought back to this: ttp://www.catforum.com/forum/ where I started from. In other words, IT'S GOING IN A CIRCLE.

The "38-health-nutrition" shows up in the bottom left corner of the browser when I hover over the "anchor point".......yet, somehow it is not 'registering'.

Last edited by marie73; 12-06-2016 at 05:02 PM.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 01:06 AM
Cool Cat

Stryker, have you tried clearing out your browser history and cache? I'm not experiencing that issue which makes me think it could possibly be a browser issue. I would also try a different browser if you can, such as Firefox or Chrome instead of Internet Explorer (if you haven't already tried this). Sorry, I'm in IT support so I naturally think of those techniques!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page